Got my grill guard on...pics of the wiring/install

laxman0324

So I got my grill guard on with the new bumper and caps and all, and installed the KC daylighters...First Ill give a little detail...

1. I got the grill guard off of ebay from this company http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Grill-Guard...sspagenameZWD1V

2. I got the KC's from http://www.performanceproducts4trucks.com/...&pid=109515 and I got part number 803558.

Ok now I wired the turn on (supply) wire to the parking light right by the battery and mounted the relay right next to the battery, and attached the ground for the relay right under the screw for the relay. The wires for the KC's I just fed up in front of the radiator and through the grill, and wrapped the exposed wires in electrical tape so they are less visible. I fed the turn on wire and the load wire around the engine bay by the windshield, zip tieing the wires to various parts away from the engine. As suggested in another post I removed the bracket covering where the clutch would go and fed the wires through there, then put the cover back on while not squeezing the wires too much. I attached the ground for the switch to a bolt in the footwell, and I put the switch in a factory looking location by drilling out the plastic cover under the security light and cutting off the fins on the backside so I could fit the switch. The switch is a little messy since I applied a little glue, just ignore that. Ok here are the pics.

This one is the switch (thanks fukinitupagain for the inspiration, but mine isnt as good as yours)

DSC00617.jpg

This one is where the clutch plate is

DSC00618.jpg

This is where I mounted the relay

DSC00619.jpg

This is a pic with everything turned off

DSC00620.jpg

And heres a pic with the parking lights on and the KC's

DSC00621.jpg

Edited by laxman0324

And now I need your opinions on what to do...I already ordered the tail light guards in black, but I wasn't sure if I should still buy the updated taillights from the 00+...fire away...heres a pic to imagine on...also, if I do get those, do you think they would look right with the taillight guards?

DSC00220.jpg

Um... I don't see a fuse anywhere in there. Please tell me you have some sort of fuse in-line there!

Look in the pic for the relay, all the way on the right hand side is the fuse for the cable going to the battery (yellow), and the turn on wire (white) has an inline fuse as well.

Dude, that's a tough one...I love the other styles of lights, but I like the OE for the right year also....I guess I'd do the new ones to freshen her up! If you get the newer lenses, get bulbs that are plated in Chrome, or LED's (LED's go right in with no need for an in-line resistor), so that the lenses are clear and red--for real, not orangish clear/red/clear!

My $.02 !

Nice grill!

I actually prefer the 96-99 tail lights over the newer ones. But it's personal preference.

Dont forget that if you get the 00-04 Pathfinder taillights, while they fit, you will lose your reverse lights, cause those years had reverse lights in the tailgate.

Edited by FUELER

Dont forget that if you get the 00-04 Pathfinder taillights, while they fit, you will lose your reverse lights, cause those years had reverse lights in the tailgate.

Thanks man, the QX4 lights had reverse lights on the tailgate, not the pathy

QX4

01qx4_2.jpg

Pathy

2002-Nissan-Pathfinder-1.jpg

Also, while your Pathfinder looks great on the outside, I have to ask,

What the hell happened to the switch on the inside?? It looks like there's snot all over that area, or some sort of crusty substance....

Also, while your Pathfinder looks great on the outside, I have to ask,

What the hell happened to the switch on the inside?? It looks like there's snot all over that area, or some sort of crusty substance....

its glue...somewhere in the long paragraph i said that...i need to get some fine grit sandpaper and take care of it...before i cut the fins off the back of that plastic piece i tried gluing the switch onto the plastic piece and it just made a holy mess...im anal about a clean car, don't worry about that :tonguefinger:

awesome job looks great we actually have the same brush guard works great i had to put some paddin on the bumper where mine started to rust the bumper but other than that works great especially if a big round caution cone is knocked in front of you, the only problem with the light guard is the small holes where they fit in have started to surface rust on mine so i took a clear sealer to it. Looks good man good job

awesome job looks great we actually have the same brush guard works great i had to put some paddin on the bumper where mine started to rust the bumper but other than that works great especially if a big round caution cone is knocked in front of you, the only problem with the light guard is the small holes where they fit in have started to surface rust on mine so i took a clear sealer to it. Looks good man good job

Yea to get it tight it rubbed some pain off of the bumper, i was gonna hit it with some rust neutralizer as well as flat black rustoleum...ill hit the light bar as wel, thanks for the advice...

Yeah it looks good (clean it up a little & it'll look like bada$$ness) & thanks for the props.

I wonder, could a winch be mounted either behind the guard or onto it? Pics or yes I've done it/seen it anyone?

You need more padding on the clutch plate firewall pass-through...a few vibrations, a few wires rubbing against bare metal and pow, no power or fried wiring...

suggestions for what would do it? just some random rubber pieces?

You could drill a hole in the plate and use a rubber grommet or seal with some silicon. I'm running some 4AWG power wire thru that same plate with a firewall bushing.