bogging out,read all the threads?

g5mike

I have a problem with the ride bogging out in all gears if I'm in a low rpm range.kinda feels like a lack of fuel etc.. I could be slowing down for a light or riding in forth at low rpms.

Now I have read all the threads and decided to replace the fuel pump relay sensor,that did not help,my fuel pump is only three months old also.This problem I have never happpens when its cold out but only when it warms up to melting point or above.I have a a hole in the top of the tank that I need to fix,is there a possibility that when it warms up outside these hole(s) expand allowing for air into the lines or any other explanation would be helpful.

Thanks Mike.

Wow a hole at the top of the tank. This I would say is the problem. with OBD2 Cars/Trucks the gas tank get pressurized for 2 reasons.

1. To keep CFC from the gas into the enviroment. This is why gas tanks have a charcoal canister to trap the CFC and gas vapors.

2. To help the fuel pump pump fuel

I would check your fuel pressure and fix that hole.

Ya, it's on. I haven't had a chance to run the codes yet. The filter is only a couple months old, so I don't think it's an issue.

My AT has gremlins. I don't know if the two are related, but the trouble started at the same time.

It won't shift from 1 - 2 without letting off the throttle at around 3500. OD is kaput. If there's a third, I can't find it.

I tried the tranny diagnosis procedure in the FSM and got nothing. I'll have to try a scanner.

I understand a transmission on the blink, but this bogging down in the midrange has me baffled. :crazy:

Would an exhaust manifold leak cause it?

I dont think a leak would cause it, is your cat stopped up though?

have you checked your tranny fluid?

I dunno. I haven't tried removing it yet. The bolts are a mess!

Fluid is good. I replaced the transmission filter recently, which may be an ah-oh. :( Didn't flush the torque converter tho.

i had the same bogging with mine as well. only on low RPM's(like when starting off from a stoplight and was also worst when cold) and when i kinda floored it it would pick up. when it warmed up it became tolerable. i checked my MAF and found a tiny chunk of mud on it. cleaned my MAF and problem solved and im getting 18MPG now.....i know unf**kinbelievable!!!! ive been used to 12-14 but my last trail trip i was averaging 18.4 on the highway and almost 16 on the trail with all my tools in the truck and mud tires. just replaced my plugs with some NGK iridium plugs and NGK wires and its runnin better than ever.

my tranny is also **** and it seems to be electrical thats why im gonna replace it with a manual. after i go thru water i will loose gears 3 & 4 but with a little feness of the shifter....i.e. a lot of cussin and hittin it really hard.....viola my gears come back!!! going to try to trace that problem down this weekend. its sad cause i got a rebuilt manual tranny and everything to swap it into my pathy, the knowledge, tools, etc but not a damn place to do it!!! really sucks.

clean your MAS, check your distributor cap/rotor/timing first then go deeper. this may also happen if you have a fowled spark plug or loose compression in 1 cylinder. a tiny crack in a cylinder wall could close back up once warmed up. if your MAF/distributor is ok id pull all your plugs and check for signs of misfire/overheating/oil etc. the looks of old plugs can give a lot of info. good luck!

Rich

Edited by mzxtreme