bumper reomval question...

laxman0324

For those of you who know how or have done this, how did you get to the nut behind the windshield washer tank? I can only fit shallow sockets down there but the bolt is too long and i cant get the wrench on. If i use a wrench i cant get a good enough grip because of the flanges on the bracket and i slip off. That is the last bolt i need to remove, so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Have you tried a ratcheting box wrench?

beautyshot.jpg

And you don't have to fully remove the nut, you only have to loosen it. The bumper bracket will slide forward after that.

Edited by XPLORx4

Finally got it off, i ended up removing the bolts for the tank and moving it around...Dean: I am trying to spend as little as possible, but those would be nice one day. So I know I need new bumper sliders for both the bumper and the frame (thats what courtesy nissan calls them, the plastic pieces in the fender that you slide the bumper one) and a new drivers side mounting bracket...the part that the bracket mounts on is all bent out of shape as well, so idk what Im gonna do about that, i tried banging it back into place with no luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok well I got the old bumper off, put together the new bumper, moved everything over to the new bumper that I needed to, and found out my mounting bracket on the bumper driver's side was bent to hell and the bracket with the red arrow on the truck is bent too...any suggestions for how to straighten it would be greatly appreciated...and ill throw in a pick of the mille marker hubs since i didnt before...

0322081900.jpg

0322081901.jpg

no til tomorrow when i get home..its the mounting point for the bumper bracket, the screw goes in the front and then there are two bolts pressed into that mounting point, the rear one has the nut on it...in the accident the mounting point bent and that rear nut is pointing down some and its sitting about half an inch lower...im driving my grandfathers Volvo XC 90 in the meant time, fun SUV on the road

I'm not really sure what you're pointing at, but here, use my picture:

0124071554.jpg

The plastic piece you are missing is called the fender trim. It's actually pretty expensive from the dealer. I ended up doing without one of my bumper sliders and it's just fine.

Edited by NismoSkyZ