Is this a good choice?

purdyboy89

Im thinking about adding a SL and new tires/rim to my pathy, here are some products i have looked at. Are these good choices or will they even work?

SL

http://www.4x4parts.com/public_html/shop/i...365d0297984e294

Rims

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT310465.aspx

Tires

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT67282.aspx

Not Bad, I'm goona go with the Calmini 3" lift Myself. Cost a little more but it also comes with a Panhard Bar extention bracket as well as brake extentions and new upper ball joints.

I think the calmini A arms look stronger.

One more thought, the calmini tortion bars offer 20% increased spring rate where as 4x4 parts is 30% Allot of ppl have said this is too stiff if not running allot of extra weight in front

Edited by MY1PATH

I am in the process of installing my Calmini 3" SL and steering(along with rotors, new halfshafts, etc...

But Wholly Balls is the calmini stuff heavy Duty. Had it in boxes for since X-mas and opened them yesterday.

Idler arm blew my mind at it's size.

All I need is an EASY button to get it done quicker!

Adjustable shocks will offset the stiffness of the torsion bars (I believe) if not I have an excuse to get a winch quicker!

Edited by MikeVanceinWI

Adjustable shocks will offset the stiffness of the torsion bars (I believe) if not I have an excuse to get a winch quicker!

I was refering to 4x4 parts 30% stiffer rate when I said too stiff.

The calmin I belive would be just fine (even somoother with a bigger bumper) and can sitll be tightened to accomidate a winch.

I have been looking everywhere, where do u find a Calmini SL?

Do yall think the tires and rims would fit on there stock w/o overly rubbing?

Most retailers don't sell calmini because Nissan/suzuki/izzuzu is a less popular crowd so they sell kits for instead dodge/ ford/ toyota etc... because those are more common.

your best bet is to call calmini directly using the link above.

as far as tires, I'm running 31.50x10.50 and have had very minimal rub. After cranking the tortion bar for another inch I have no rub at all. Now I might even be able to get away with somtething like 32x10 w/o trimming. So I think you will be fine.

On second thought my rims (15x7 stock american racing outlawII style) have 3.8 backspacing and the ones your looking at have 4.53

the larger backspace will put the wheel deeper into your fender well and I'm guessing may rub the frame itself in sharp turning but I'm not really sure what all it will do as far a rubbing( I doubt it will hurt anything). if you find a rim with say a 3.75-4.25 backpacing (you may have to stick w/ 15'' to find one) I know your rub issues will be minimal if at all.

Or call your buddy to help out :friday:

:fireworx:

Thats funny,

Didn't want to put you to wrenching right away!

Edited by MikeVanceinWI

Do yall think the tires and rims would fit on there stock w/o overly rubbing?

Almost certain they will rub some, especially when turning.

I have 265/75-16 AT's on 16x8 wheels with near optimal backspacing (unfortunately, I forget exactly how much).

I have 3" body lift and about 2" suspension lift.

The front right still (lightly) rubs the plastic of the fender flare at the back during sharp right turns.

I'm pretty sure the wheels you're looking at here will place the outer edge of tread even further outboard, making rubbing even worse.

Edit:

My 16x8 wheels are 4" backspace, -12 mm offset, so these wheels would result in the tires being offset almost exactly the same, so they will theoretically fit about the same.

Keep in mind the generally recommended MAXIMUM wheel width for 265/75-16's is 8". Min is 7". 9" is too wide, and will result in a less than optimal sidewall and tread profile, and expose the wheel to more trail damage.

Edited by mws