GTX high mileage

nissan4x4

Did an oil change today changed from Quaker state to castrol GTX high mileage and it's running really smooth and quietly.The bottle said for vehicles over 75,000 and mines at 77,945 for an 88 pathy, So decided time to change to high mileage oil.Also had a very hard time of getting the oil filter off you have to get it through the engine compartment and not under it.But over all this oil is very good oil for now at least.......

Edited by nissan4x4

I always use Caterol GTX...I tried the high mileage in my 87 (had like 250k on it) and it started leaking live a siv...for me personally I think if you use an oil and dont have prolbems keep using it...now that u have used the high mileage without problems I would continue to use that

• 2 weeks later...

in my D21 with 182k, i tried the high milage GTX. For the most part im with the camp that says stick to your oil that works. Well i dunno why but i tried it anyway. Made it alot noisier. No leaks, but it sounded bad afterwards. So i put 10W40 GTX standard back in it and its 80% back to sounding like normal.

oh yeah first post. Hey everyone.