a new asks you for help!

steeve

Good morning to all, I am new on the forum and fist I want to apologize for my language poor because I am French!

I have looked for a long time at the forum and it gave me desire to prepare my terrano 1 (pathfinder to you). Only since I put a kit suspension 3 " I have the wheels which go for a walk in every direction when I make of any ground and it is really violent. Have already had you this worry having install kit?

Je ne comprends pas ce que vous essayez de dire. Poser à nouveau en français, s'il vous plaît.

(I knew my high school French would come in handy for something other than reading Peugeot service manuals.)

Edited by GhostPath

Welcome! My French is terrible, so I will not try. But I am sure you can get my message translated!

Did you get the truck aligned after installing the lift kit?

Lifting the front suspension will change the alignment. It must be re-aligned.

Ok c'est sympa de vouloir m'aider!

je recommence donc mais en français.

J'ai installé un kit body+3" et un kit suspension+3" sur mon terrano 1 V6

Je fais beaucoup de tout terrain avec ce véhicule mais depuis que j'ai remonté l'avant (+3") dans les cotes et en tout terrain, j'ai mes roues qui se baladent dans tous les sens.

En fait elles ouvrent et ferment violemment (au niveau du parallélisme)

Alors je voulais savoir si certains d'entre vous ont déjà eu se problème?

Welcome! My French is terrible, so I will not try. But I am sure you can get my message translated!

Did you get the truck aligned after installing the lift kit?

Lifting the front suspension will change the alignment. It must be re-aligned.

Yes i have do it.

We have re-aligned the "parallélisme"

After we have note that the "biellettes" of direction was twisted

Translation:

OK, it's nice that you want to help me!

I'll start again, but this time in French.

I installed a 3" body lift and a 3" suspension lift on my Terrano 1 V6 (WD21 Pathfinder to us - GP).

I do a lot of offroading with this but ever since I [installed the suspension lift], [whenever I drive offroad] I have the wheels "go around in all directions".

In fact, they (open and close violently at the level of parallelism).

Has anyone else had this problem?

Je ne comprends toujours pas tout à fait quel est le problème. Cela résonne comme un problème de suspension. Avez-vous des photos de ce problème? [i'm still not quite understanding what the problem is. It sounds like a problem with the suspension. Do you have pictures of the problem?]

MWS demande si vous avez eu une roue ou de la suspension d'alignement achevé après l'installation du 'kit suspension'. Cela est nécessaire après une telle modification. [MWS asks if you had a wheel or suspension alignment completed after installing the suspension lift. This is necessary after such a modification.]

Edited by GhostPath

Yes i have do it.

We have re-aligned the "parallélisme"

After we have note that the "biellettes" of direction was twisted

OK, si vous aviez un alignement, mais on a remarqué que les biellettes de direction étaient tordues? [OK, so you had an alignment, but you noticed that the steering tie rods were twisted?]

S'agit-il d'un problème avec les roues avant, roues arrière, ou les deux? [is it a problem with the front wheels, rear wheels, or both?]

S'agit-il d'un carrossage ni d'un orteil problème? [is it a camber or toe problem?]

Edited by GhostPath

Je mets votre texte à un traducteur.

Je suis désolé s'il n'a pas fait bon traslating de travail il soutient.

Vous avez un problème d'alignement.

Ceci est très commun pour un véhicule récemment soulevé.

Aller obtenir l'a aligné.

English;

I put your text thru a translator.

I'm sorry if it did not do good job traslating it back.

You have an alignment problem.

This is very common for a newly lifted vehicle.

Go get it aligned.

OK, si vous aviez un alignement, mais on a remarqué que les biellettes de direction étaient tordues? [OK, so you had an alignment, but you noticed that the steering tie rods were twisted?]

S'agit-il d'un problème avec les roues avant, roues arrière, ou les deux? [is it a problem with the front wheels, rear wheels, or both?]

S'agit-il d'un carrossage ni d'un orteil problème? [is it a camber or toe problem?]

Quand j'ai fait le réglage du parallélisme la biellette de direction n'était pas tordue.

Et le lendemain je suis parti faire du tout terrain, à la première montée assez difficile (croisement de ponts et trous) mes amis mon dit d'arrêter car les roues partaient à droite et à gauche très violemment. Et c'est à ce moment qu'on a vu la biellette de direction tordue (coté droit).

Alors peut être elle s'est tordue dès que j'ai commencé à faire du tout terrain et je ne m'en suis aperçu que dans la montée?

Sinon existe t-il des biellettes de direction renforcées?

Quand j'ai fait le réglage du parallélisme la biellette de direction n'était pas tordue.

Et le lendemain je suis parti faire du tout terrain, à la première montée assez difficile (croisement de ponts et trous) mes amis mon dit d'arrêter car les roues partaient à droite et à gauche très violemment. Et c'est à ce moment qu'on a vu la biellette de direction tordue (coté droit).

Alors peut être elle s'est tordue dès que j'ai commencé à faire du tout terrain et je ne m'en suis aperçu que dans la montée?

Sinon existe t-il des biellettes de direction renforcées?

Translation:

When I had the alignment done, the tie rod was not bent.

The next day I went offroading; the first climb was fairly difficult (crossing bridges and holes) - my friends told me to stop because the wheels "started on the right and left very violently." (sorry, I just don't know what to make of this - GP) That's when we saw the right side tie rod was bent.

Is it really this easy to bend tie rods when going offroad?

If so, are there reinforced tie rods I can get?

This is a common problem with Pathfinder/Terranos. A steering stabilizer will help, but it sounds like the centerlink is probably shot on his truck. That's usually the main cause for a side-to-side wheelhop problem. God knows, I've done enough of it myself. ;)

toedin.jpg

bentTRE1.jpg

bentTRE2.jpg

Try this: have someone else sit in the driver's seat while you get under the front end of the truck. With the engine OFF, have your friend move the steering wheel back and forth constantly while you watch the steering centerlink, tie rods and idler arm. The movement of the steering will usually show you where the loose joints or problems are.

En Français:

Il s'agit d'un problème commun avec le Pathfinder / Terranos. Un stabilisateur de pilotage vous aideront, mais il ressemble à la centerlink est probablement mort sur votre camion. C'est souvent la cause principale d'une telle problème du 'wheelhop'. Dieu sait que j'ai eu il m'arriver régulièrement. ;)

toedin.jpg

bentTRE1.jpg

bentTRE2.jpg

Essayez ceci: demandez à quelqu'un de s'asseoir dans le siège du conducteur pendant que vous obtenez en vertu de l'avant du camion. Avec le moteur éteint, demandez à votre ami déplacer le volant de direction et viennent constamment. Regardez la centerlink, la biellette de direction et le bras du tendeur. Le mouvement de pilotage sera généralement montrer où les lâches ou les problèmes sont joints.

Si le centerlink est votre problème, le membre "hoohaa" sur ce site a centerlinks renforcées à la vente.

En passant, quelqu'un a besoin de brûler l'Académie française. Ils font qu'il est difficile d'utiliser des mots importés en français sans recourir à des termes stupides inventées. Aucun délit prévu, évidemment. :D

Translation:

If the centerlink is your problem, member Hoohaa on this site has reinforced centerlinks for sale.

As an aside, someone needs to burn down the French Academy. They make it difficult to use imported words in French without resorting to stupid fabricated terms. No offense intended, of course. :D

My apologies to all for taking so long to translate posts - I am not a professional translator and French is actually a bloody difficult language to get right.

Edited by GhostPath

D'abord un grand merci à vous tous pour votre aide.

La seule chose que je n'ai pas compris c'est "centerlink" je ne sais pas à quoi cela correspond?

Je vous remercie encore pour vos réponse.

Autre chose, je ne sais pas ce que veut dire "idle speed control" sur mon ECU et je voulais savoir si cela servait à quelque chose de le mettre sur "high"

D'abord un grand merci à vous tous pour votre aide.

La seule chose que je n'ai pas compris c'est "centerlink" je ne sais pas à quoi cela correspond?

Je vous remercie encore pour vos réponse.

Autre chose, je ne sais pas ce que veut dire "idle speed control" sur mon ECU et je voulais savoir si cela servait à quelque chose de le mettre sur "high"

Translation:

First, many thanks to all of you for your help.

The only thing I did not understand is "centerlink"; I do not know what this is.

Thanks again for your replies.

Another thing, I do not know what "idle speed control" on my ECU means and I wanted to know if it was used for {something} (sorry, I don't know the word "servait", and can't find it in my French dictionary - GP) to put on "high".

Le "centerlink" est la grande poutre qui relie chacun la biellette de direction à l'autre et de la boîte de pilotage du bras. Si tel est usée ou endommagée, elle peut causer vos problèmes.

[The centerlink is the big beam that connects each tie rod to the other and to the Pitman arm. (yes, I know, that's horrible English, but that's the best way I can put it in French. - GP) If that is worn or damaged, it can cause your problems.]

"Idle Speed Control" sur votre ECU est ce qui détermine le taux de votre moteur pendant que votre véhicule est à l'arrêt.

[idle Speed Control on your ECU is what determines the RPM of your engine while your truck is stationary.]

HAha. You guys are awesome. I don't know anywhere else where people will go through such trouble to help others out. I don't know what the hell is going on, but nice work fellas :aok: I took six years of french in middle and high school and failed every test... well except in my senior year when we had this cute french exchange student, lets just say may grades weren't the only things rising, but thats another thread lol.