Ghost CEL

zack1978

Hi everyone,

I seem to have a "ghost check engine light" on my 1995 Pathfinder 5 spd with 176,000 miles. About a month ago I took it a 600 mile road trip towing my snowmobile. On that trip the light would flash on and off often, and usually when the light was on the truck would buck and seem like it was way down on power. Then other times the light would stay on for a while and the truck would run great. After the trip when driving around town, etc the light was off and no issues at all.

Well this past weekend I did another 600 road trip without the trailer. On the way up to VT Friday the light flased about two or three times and it bucked and ran like crap when the light would be on, each situation only lasting about 2 minutes at the max. But again that was only 2 or 3 times the rest of the 300 miles were perfect. Well on my return trip home today it did the same thing but this time more like 5 or 6 times, and the remainder of the trip was fine. At the moment the light is off and the truck is perfect. The o2 sensor was replaced about 2yrs ago. Any ideas as to where to start?

Thanks,

Zack

Pull the codes from the ecu, theres a how too in the garage section. The ecu is under the passenger seat fyi.

I think it stores codes for 50 key cycles after the problem goes away or is fixed.