upper control arm bolts..

whosfinder

hi guys. i have a problem, i installed some uca's on my buddys truck. after it was all buttoned up we took it to get aligned. the guy said the car wants more pos. camber but the bolts are not long enough to put the required shims to get the alignment straight. i was wondering if anyone knew the bolt length, thread pitch and bolt grade so we can put in the right shims for the alignment.. that would be greatly apreaciated.. thanks guy.. this is my first post. but i love this sitte.

iirc M14 x 1.25

someone may pick me up on it, but going from memory thats what it was

having been down a similar path i would prehaps recommend a recoil kit at the same time. those treads in the frame arnt the best once you start playing around with the front arms and spacers etc. 2 of the 4 on mine eventually stripped, similar story with a friends car aswell.

recoil kits at that size arnt cheap but if you wanna do things properly its the way to go.

Edited by sw

If I do remember, they're 14x1.5x50mm 8.8's. I got some 14x1.5x70, 8.8's from a tractor supply store for about $5 apiece a while ago and they took care of the positive camber with plenty of threads to spare.

Hold on, I'll go out and measure.

14mm x 1.5 thread pitch.

no worries, it was a long time ago i was playing with that stuff

just a suggestion on the spacers, do not use the ones that are basically like the shape of a 'y' and slip in. - once those threads for the arm bolts become a little soft they wont hold tension and the spacers will slip out. - you will be in all sorts of dramas then..... at a minimum use washers or i ended up making a metal plate with two holes in it then used washers for further adjustment.