Trailer hitch plans?

irich

Hello

I have a 2004 Pathy. I also have a KTM 450EXC. I want to carry the KTM on an aluminium beam rail fixed to the rear trailer hitch.

Only one problem.. I don't have a hitch. And the Nissan importer here doesn't stock them, or plan on bringing any in. There are no aftermarket hitches available either.

Anybody got any dimensioned plans for a hitch? I can get one made up by a local fabricator at cost here no problem.

Really appreciate it if anybody can help.

Regards

Rich

In addition to adding a hitch, you should also consider upgrading the rear suspension with adjustable shocks and perhaps Airlift air bags to help support the extra weight of a bike hanging off the rear end.

If you would like to see photos of hitches and the mounting strategies, you can study some photos at these links:

Example [modified] hitch design

Mounting to the frame

Another example of frame mounting

Last example of frame mounting

Thanks all.

It is problematic and v. slow for me to get anything from Ebay delivered here, or order from aftermarket suppliers. I'm in Saudi.

It's a 2004 Pathy and I was hoping somebody might have fully dimensioned plans and details for a suitable trailer hitch. I'm looking for chassis dims, plate details, tube sizes, overall dims and offsets, etc etc.

The bike is les than 120 Kg (lightweight enduro bike) so is within than the vertical load rating of the standard Nissan hitch.