"Write the estimate" game

AceO

So, we have here a '94 Pathfinder, for sale for $3K (negotiable). 5spd, 4x4, red.

Odometer died in 2002 with 64K on it, current mileage unknown.

Known issues:

- exhaust manifold is leaking (the usual)

- EGR is not working (no vacuum signal to valve)

- both CV boot broken

- front brakes are nearly worn down

- needs new oil/coolant/clutch/brake fluid

- needs alignment

- needs timing belt

- oil leak - cam and/or valve cover seals (slow leak)

- front right parking light broken

- needs new air filter

I'm personally not buying...was just curious if anyone known common prices to get these repaired. I would also be happy to point you to the seller if you are yourself interested in the truck.

So, we have here a '94 Pathfinder, for sale for $3K (negotiable). 5spd, 4x4, red.

Odometer died in 2002 with 64K on it, current mileage unknown.

Known issues:

- exhaust manifold is leaking (the usual)

- EGR is not working (no vacuum signal to valve)

- both CV boot broken

- front brakes are nearly worn down

- needs new oil/coolant/clutch/brake fluid

- needs alignment

- needs timing belt

- oil leak - cam and/or valve cover seals (slow leak)

- front right parking light broken

- needs new air filter

I'm personally not buying...was just curious if anyone known common prices to get these repaired. I would also be happy to point you to the seller if you are yourself interested in the truck.

did you say SF cl? hahaha @ asking $3k......... they're on crack. i got king for $1k....

if it IS SF. then yer lookin at getting raped for the good part of $2k plus by a mechanic

i am currently doing this to my recently bought 93 pathy.

just did the timing belt/gaskets/engine tune up/EGR valve/top overhaul - parts and labor, $ 1300.00

just bought the z studs/washers/nuts/gaskets - $ 98.00

My truck right now is in the tranny shop, estimate to rebuild everything inc. transfer case?!?! $2,300

I bought my truck for 600.00

Edited by ISlandBoy

Seem's to me if your going to put that kind of money into somthing to just get it back to normal operating condition you might as well hunt down somthing for the price of the viecle & the repair bill combined.. should be able to get a decently low miled good conditioned viecle for that price....

Maybe if you got it for free, unbelivibly cheap, or allready owned it then the money for repairs might be worth it...

Just an opinion, but you know what those are like....

hehe. i bought king for $1k, put $1200k into him, bought mini for $3600k and put over $2k into her........ pathy's are a labor of love :wub:

it's what YOU value your pathy at........

This is just a rough estimate of what it would cost in labor alone. This takes into account things that overlap, such as going in to change out cam seals you are already right there to replace the t-belt. also note that the water pump has been added since the shop will try hard to sell it to you since again, you will already be "right there". I also threw in the thermostat because they would sell that too, citing that it is needed to in order to warranty the pump/coolant flush.

Exhaust Manifold (Left Side Only) 2.7

Axle Shaft (Both Sides) 3.2

Front Brakes (Resurface Rotors) 2.0

Coolant Service 1.0

Thermostat 2.1

Clutch/Brake Fluid Flush 1.5

Cam Oil Seal 5.9

- T-Belt 1.0

- Water Pump 1.0

Valve Cover Reseal 2.5

Total 22.9 Hours

@75 per hour (Cheap Shop) --- $1717.50 before tax

Parts could easily total at least that much. It would definatly be a "do it yourself labor of love" kinda purchase.

hehe. i bought king for $1k, put $1200k into him, bought mini for $3600k and put over $2k into her........ pathy's are a labor of love :wub:

it's what YOU value your pathy at........

EXACTLY, I paid 2,500 for my 95xe in near mint condition(interior,mechanical). Electrical,however......lets just say its a 13 year old truck!!! I love her!! Never regret a penny spent!!!!