Spiral Cable

ResisterGo

So my horn and cruise don't work. I went to my parents house this weekend, and my stepdad (and electrical whiz) helped me find out why. Using the factory service manuals as a guide, we tested all of the connections, and determined that the problem is in the "spiral cable" in the steering wheel. However, we're both a little afraid of screwing around near the airbags, so I decided to ask the dealer what it would cost to replace. They wanted about $60 for the labor (not bad...) and $243 for the spiral cable!!

First -- Can someone show me a picture/diagram/good description of a "Spiral Cable" so I can see what it is?

Second -- Does anyone have a part number, so I can look online to see if the part is cheaper?

Third -- Does anyone know of a good discount Nissan parts house online?

UPDATE: As I was typing this message, the dealer called me back (my truck is there today to get the fuel filler tube replaced under recall) and said they looked at the horn/cruise for a few minutes. The mechanic said that he's concerned that the Airbag light is NOT lit right now. He said if it was the spiral cable, that the light would likely be on. Anyone got a better idea of what it might be?