I got a new dog from the Animal Rescue a couple of weeks ago

TrailChaser

She's being a handful for now since she's only 12weeks old, but otherwise she's a good dog.

The reason I'm posting this is because she has a symbol tattooed on her private area. Take a look and tell me if you have any idea what it means. She's been spayed, so for the first week we assumed it was a marker from surgery. It's not going away and it seems to me that it's an actual tattoo???

Here's a pic of Clare Bear.(There's nuthing wrong with her eye, she's just winking)

P1010123.jpg

Here's her tat.

P1010125.jpg

Tramp Stamp? Sorry couldn't resist. I'm interested to know also.

E-mailed a friend who runs a rescue. She says some vets do this to verify the dog has been spayed. She has a visible scar so that would probably confirm the guess.

Edited by dagwoodzz

I wasn't satisfied with my friends answer so I had to ask more questions...

I thought you would see scars from a dog that had been spayed? No girls are nueterd?

and the response...

After time, you can no longer see the scar on females, that is why they tatoo. Girls are spayed and boys are neutered. Boys dont need the tatoo cause you know they are neutered because their balls are gone. (smiling)

Stacey

Funny coming from a girl whom I have never heard swear or say balls for that matter. :chairfall: