Attention Australia/NZ owners...

laxman0324

I was wondering if any of you knew of a good place to get the Projector style headlights the R50's in your area had. If anybody knows of a good place or a junkyard or something where you can get them, I would be extremely grateful if you would be kind enough to ship a pair to the US for me (I pay of course), and some extra compensation for your hard work. Maybe if enough R50 owners would like a set, we could get a group buy, and I could distribute them to whoever purchases a set. For those of you who don't know what they look like, xplorx4 (sorry i dont remember which ones are caps) has them, ill try to post a pic of it in a few mins, just let me know if you dont want your pic xlporx4.

Thanks,

Mike

post-4697-1201884407_thumb.jpg

Edited by laxman0324

I think it's going to get pricey. If I remember correctly XplorX got then when he was overseas somewhere and still paid a bundle for them.

Either way I think it is a good call trying to get a group buy on them. Maybe we can find someone who will get them to us for a decent price. I am not saying I am difinitely in on the group buy but let me know the price and I will make a decision. I already need to replace my passenger headlight unit so I might as well check on the price of the upgrade while I am at it. Now we also need to talk to XplorX because I think they might need a ballast or something like that. I would look for his thread but I am at work and kinda busy.

A $1000 bucks apiece? Sick.gif

Probably 1k total, I don't know of any xenon headlights are more then 1k apiece...and they might be halogen projectors he converted into xenon...Well I really like the look of those and figured I would give it a shot, so if any of you NZ owners happen to find a set, give me shout...

I believe he paid over $1k a piece for the pair. Soooooo, unless you're willing to drop that kind of dough...

Ding ding ding We have a winner.....Sorry.

$1200NZ EACH if available.....Harder to find than a piece of hay in a big stack of needles.

Roughly $1700NZ each new from Nissan.

This is just for normal one's like you want......HID's are even more.

The problem is where they make cheap knock-off's aren't making copies of these lights, not even the standard R50 lights. :rant2:

I will keep my eyes peeled in the parts for sale here, and If I see any cheap I'll PM you :aok:

:beer:

*Wonders about getting a set of normal lights then "Test driving a R50 from a car sales* :lol:

Edited by TerranoNZ

You know we could always buy a set of reflector lenses and when you go for a test drive the projectors magically disappear and the reflectors are there...tell the dealer they are the premium headlights. Na im just playin man, but thanks for the info, i really appreciate that youll keep an eye out.