Need new coils

Wood

Hoping some of you can offer up some advice. I have a busted front coil on my '01 SE and am going to replace all 4. I already have a set of 4 KYB shocks/struts and wondering what would be my best option. I would like to go with something heavier and would like 1.5"-2" of lift. Was thinking OME or Ironman. All thoughts/opinions appreciated!

Hoping some of you can offer up some advice. I have a busted front coil on my '01 SE and am going to replace all 4. I already have a set of 4 KYB shocks/struts and wondering what would be my best option. I would like to go with something heavier and would like 1.5"-2" of lift. Was thinking OME or Ironman. All thoughts/opinions appreciated!

Go with the AC like I did for my 2003. They are very nice, do not destry your street driving, work great for off-road and make the rig look fantastic.

I'm getting the AC lift, but I did see some Ironman stuff on ebay really cheap. I've heard they have a good rep, lot of rover owners use them. Ironman is not really rated for lift- maybe 1"

I just bought a set on Ebay for $100.00 for all four coils...how can I go wrong for a hundred bucks??? They specify a 2" lift (35-40 mm). I hope they work out ok. I also have a set of KYB GR-2s and wondering if they are ok to use with a lift or will they be too short? Thanks.

I just bought a set on Ebay for $100.00 for all four coils...how can I go wrong for a hundred bucks??? They specify a 2" lift (35-40 mm). I hope they work out ok. I also have a set of KYB GR-2s and wondering if they are ok to use with a lift or will they be too short? Thanks.

You have to use stock length suspension, as far as I know from the sticky's, there are no longer shocks or struts for the lift...let us know how much lift you really get

You have to use stock length suspension, as far as I know from the sticky's, there are no longer shocks or struts for the lift...let us know how much lift you really get

Will do. OK, the more I look into this the more I think I should have bought an OEM spring from the junkyard and called it a day. What is this about camber bolts? What else do I need to do to this rig to ensure I don't fubar my drivetrain/tires/etc? I have manual hubs coming as well...anything else you guys can tell me that I will need to do....I want to do it once and do it right. Thanks!!!!

Also, I am running LT245/75/16 tires now and they are like new...will my rig look like a man with Arnold's arms and Peewee's legs? Hope not.....

Edited by Wood

Will do. OK, the more I look into this the more I think I should have bought an OEM spring from the junkyard and called it a day. What is this about camber bolts? What else do I need to do to this rig to ensure I don't fubar my drivetrain/tires/etc? I have manual hubs coming as well...anything else you guys can tell me that I will need to do....I want to do it once and do it right. Thanks!!!!

Also, I am running LT245/75/16 tires now and they are like new...will my rig look like a man with Arnold's arms and Peewee's legs? Hope not.....

Honestly what Ive read says maybe 1 inch out of an ironman lift, so i dont think it will look much different like that. The camber bolts are only for a true 2 inch lift, but some people didnt even need them. Even with the 2 inch springs and 1 inch spacers, the only part you need to worry about for strain is the cv axles. Manual hubs will take care of that if you leave them unlocked unless you need 4wd. I should mention that the struts may top out over speed bumps and such before they settle, but its not harmful. Just make sure u get an alignment after a couple of weeks.