Semi-neub in KY

crazyhayseed

Hi!

I’m new to NPORA (though I've been lurking on and off for a couple of years), but not to Pathfinders or Nissan forums in general. I've been around the Nissan scene for some time now, mostly with B13s.

I just bought my 3rd Pathfinder. I had a lot of trouble with my first two, but always loved the trucks themselves and had a blast introducing my family to off-roading with the second.

The "new" one is a 95 XE that needs a lot of work, but seems like a solid platform.

First and foremost, it'll need exhaust work. I've already found 1 broken manifold stud that'll have to be extracted from the head and replaced a second that tried.

Also the gauges aren’t working. A problem I haven’t been able to track down yet.

Once the majors are done, I hope to be able to get to the goodies, like a suspension lift, roof rack and ARB bumper.

I’d like to say thank you in advance to everyone here. As I said, I’ve been around for a while, and the site has always been very helpful with whatever problem I’ve had.

because KY sucks so hard. :D :D

seriously though.. love the bluegrass state. :)

Funny. :puterpunch:

Actually, I'm a CA native (Merced to be precise). KY drives me crazy most days. It'll never be home, but the cost of living is cheap and the pay is good, so here I am.

Plus, we've got Harlan County, which looks awesome. I can't wait to have the truck ready to go!

My wife was born and raised in San Diego/Chula Vista. She's never been camping and our one real off-road trip in the last pathy terrified her. It's gonna be a blast doing it again.

Now I just need to find some good trail buddies to roll with...

(Wow, no Ninja Edit here huh? Brutal!)

Edited by crazyhayseed

(Wow, no Ninja Edit here huh? Brutal!)
lol.. nope.

Harlan is maybe 3h from you. it's killer. there is painted rocks NE of LEX.. LBL in western KY. Slade in red river gourge but i hear it's very very muddy and very tough... i am sure there are other not so offical locations around the state too.. it is KY afterall.. becareful though.. stills abound.

another quick note: Harlan and around LBL are all dry counties. not sure about the others..

Harlan is maybe 3h from you. it's killer. there is painted rocks NE of LEX.. LBL in western KY. Slade in red river gourge but i hear it's very very muddy and very tough... i am sure there are other not so offical locations around the state too.. it is KY afterall.. becareful though.. stills abound.

another quick note: Harlan and around LBL are all dry counties. not sure about the others..

Oh, that whole "dry" thing is a pet peeve of mine. Danville just went "moist" (meaning they can sell alcohol in restaurants, but nowhere else) a short time ago.

Not that it stopped this place from being eaten up with drunks....

Stills? You mean Moonshiners? I'm more worried about the dope growers!

Shiners are businessman, Dopers are plain crazy. Too much "Copperhead Road" I think.

Does Painted Rocks have an official site? I'd never heard of that one.

check out the KY links. hillzandhollarz is out of biz right now, as far as i know. and i ment big rocks instead of painted rocks. sry

Not that it stopped this place from being eaten up with drunks....
yeah, i don't get that part.. the wet counties get all the money.. everytime i am donw there in the vicinity of a dry county and i stop to fill up, everybody is getting cases upon cases of all sorts of booze and then hauls it all to the dry county.. most of those i guys are already blitz upon arrival to the liquor store..

and 'shiners will shoot your arse faster then the pot farmers.

check out the KY links. hillzandhollarz is out of biz right now, as far as i know. and i ment big rocks instead of painted rocks. sry

yeah, i don't get that part.. the wet counties get all the money.. everytime i am donw there in the vicinity of a dry county and i stop to fill up, everybody is getting cases upon cases of all sorts of booze and then hauls it all to the dry county.. most of those i guys are already blitz upon arrival to the liquor store..

and 'shiners will shoot your arse faster then the pot farmers.

Oops! It looks like Big Rock is closed to 4x4s, but Hills&Hollers looks good for '08. Thanks for the links.

-----------------------

It's the Baptist T-totalers that pushed out liquor. Oddly enough, it wasn't until after the prohibition had ended, contrary to logic. Danville actually had bars on Main Street back in the 40's from what I understand.

I’m really getting sick of the dualistic bible thumpers around here, but that's a topic for somewhere else. :sssh:

Oops! It looks like Big Rock is closed to 4x4s, but Hills&Hollers looks good for '08. Thanks for the links.

huh? big rocks is definitely open to 4x4s... hmmm hillz and hollerz has major legal issues. not sure what their website says.. it may be wishful thinking on their part.

Wow a city named after me! Welcome I will have to check it out one day.

all midwestern states have Danvilles in them.

Big Rock will be closing the 4x4 Area as of the end of 2007, due to lack of interest. We will be all quad and bike again.

Thanks to all the 4x4 people who came while it was open.

Not trying to be a wiseass, but this is from the link you posted. Am I visiting the wrong site?

Ya, every town around here has a name like this. Leestown, Waynesburg.... I refer to them all as Bob's-town, which is what it all equates to.

It's fun to see someone so excited about it though. I can send you a postcard if you like.