replacing front pads and rotors

Nissan3

Hello all. I want to try replacing the front pads and rotors on my 03 pathfinder myself. I've read the fsm and seems simple enough. The thing im wondering do I really need to by new hub caps or can I reuse the old, also is there anything else I need to replace? I read the article from flordia xtreme xterra on the bearing repack, and it says to replace the inner seal??? do i really need this? any input would be greatly appreciated

Shouldn't need new "hub caps", or drive flanges or whatever you mean there. But the seals are a good idea if you are pulling the inner bearing out to repack it since there is a very good chance of damaging the old one trying to remove it.

FYI, if the rotor is anything like the ones on the WDs then it will require a little force to seperate it from the hub even after all the bolts are out. They like to kind of "rust weld" inplace. But since you are replacing the rotor, you can give it a good smack with a hammer to break it loose.

if yoiu take the rotors off then you need to get new seals as once they've been moveed they will not seal well. the new seals are ~$5 ea. if you've driven in wet or sandy areas or have 100k mi then you definitely shoudl repack your bearings too. grease all the grease fittings while you're there too.