97 Pathfinder Transmission problems.

JCVQPWR

I have a 97 Pathfinder with 240K miles. During start-up the "OD" light flashes, the "ATP" light shows up when put into the Park position, turns off when I move it to any position except Park. Also my "Service Engine Soon" light is on. The only problem I'm actually having is the OD not working sometimes. On the freeway at around 50-60 mph, when I give it gas to downshift to pass. The transmission just slips. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You're tranny is just completly toasted it sounds like. The parking feature inside the trans seems to not be working since the ATP light goes on. and a flashing OD light indicates that the tranny computer is seeing something wrong with the trans. Especially at 240k.. Go pull the check engine light codes and see what comes up.

You're tranny is just completly toasted it sounds like. The parking feature inside the trans seems to not be working since the ATP light goes on. and a flashing OD light indicates that the tranny computer is seeing something wrong with the trans. Especially at 240k.. Go pull the check engine light codes and see what comes up.

Forgot to mention the tranny was rebuilt @ 170K.

I don't have a CEL, its the "Service Engine Soon" light.

Edited by JCVQPWR

Off chance MAY be that you have a weak electrical system (battery and/or alternator). A low voltage condition can trigger a bunch of lights on the dash as well, but they are usually not related like yours. And with the OD not working right, I am afraid nissandoms47 is probably right, the trannie is toast.

But get that SEL/CEL code and see what it says.

Yeah i've delt with the auto tranny in my r50 so many times I decided to get a manual 5 speed in my new xterra and not worry about autos anymore. I seriously had the trans in my r50 out at least 4 times for stuff breaking or seals not holding or whatever. Manual trans ftw.