Lighting/KC etc..?

drifter

I want to install some lights,KC, rally style etc.. on my front bumper 94 path , I need better lighting and i dont want to intstall a bumper guard. Anybody have this set up ? and what are the best type/brand lights to go with? any pictures ???

• 1 month later...

I have got 2 pair of Hella 500's on my truck, cost me $60 a pair, they work excellent, although I never had any other brand. :unsure:

hhttp://npora.ipbhost.com//style_images/1/folder_attach_images/attach_add.png

http://npora.ipbhost.com//style_images/1/f...tach_add.pngave

post-4744-1202993841.jpg

Edited by Paffphinder1989

I have got 2 pair of Hella 500's on my truck, cost me $60 a pair, they work excellent, although I have never had any other brand. :unsure:

yeah i went out and bought the hell 500's as well , happy with them too.

i go with el cheepo lights so that way im not mad when they get cracked from road debris....i think i paid $40 for both of these at your local auto parts store. they are 100W 6"

yea001.jpg

i made a bracket and used the round head bolts on the bumper to mout them with. NOT THE BOLTS HOLDING THE BUMPER TO THE FRAME!!! there are 2 extra bolts on either side of the liscence plate that i used. it looked good too. kept the lights about even with the bumper so it didnt block the headlight spread or the radiator

i now have 4 of em set up on my brush guard like this:

S6300871.jpg

goin to a manual tranny in a few weeks so im not too worried about the little bit of radiator i blocked. also i will probably remount the top 2 lights after i put my winch on in a few weeks.

like i said i go for the $20/each lights from where ever. you can pick up a cheap relay if you dont already have one from the factory optional fog lights. i dont think my truck came with fog lights from the factory but the switch was already in my truck as were the wires and the relay. i have them straight wired through a switch to my battery for now but im gonna steal the factory relay and use that soon. just got em on for now cause i have lots more wiring/lighting to do including 2 100W "low pro" lights in rear that will come on when i engage reverse as well as an "optional" on setting thru a 3 way toggle.

these lights did not come with wires or relays but i have loads of wire just lying around. i make my own wiring harnesses. if your not keen to do that you may want to go with a set that will include wiring harness and a relay. i did however fuse the wire coming off the battery BTW. making your own wiring harness is pretty easy. i found that 14AWG stranded wire is easy to work with as well as sufficient size to carry the load. no problems so far :aok:

Rich

Edited by pathmaker1