Seems a bit sluggish

Roost

Just got done replacing the engine and transmission on my 95 4x4 V6 and the take off seems to be a bit sluggish. I had a check engine light that was sending more codes than an naval morse code man typing a novel. So I cleared the codes and drove it around awhile and no new check engine light.

Keep in mind that I haven't driven the PF in about 3 months and I drive a company vehicle that has a nice big V8 and then also ride a motorcycle that is not slow. So it may be that I am use to the more powerful get and go or should the PF have a bit more punch on the take off?

If anyone is around here that would be willing to let me see if their PF does the same thing, I would be very grateful. \

Any input would also be very appreciated.

Semper Fi

Edited by Roost

Timing was set properly when I installed engine, so I am unsure what it is. The wife just called and said the engine light had just come on, so maybe there is another novel of codes. Hopefully just one or two.

Timing was set properly when I installed engine, so I am unsure what it is.

Stupid question, but Im allowed a few...

Set per the book when assembled and re-installed into the pathy "OR" With a timing light after installation while it was running????

Stupid question, but Im allowed a few...

Set per the book when assembled and re-installed into the pathy "OR" With a timing light after installation while it was running????

"with a timing light after installation while it was running", but I just re-timed it and had the wrong notch lined up for timing.

What is your timing set at??? I know that if mine is around 10 to 12 its a fat pig from the light... 15 to 17 its johny on the spot...

So to continue with the timing, yes it was at about 10 and I bumped it to about 15 and it runs like a champ now. Now I just have to pull the codes and figure out what that is all about.

i'll be up for the trip when I come up to raleigh if you dont have it fixed by then...mines a MT but it should have the same pick up...check the codes and see whats up....maybe that'll let you get it fixed B4 i get home.

I am sure that there will be plenty to finish fixing if you want to come up and turn some wrenches or chase some circiuts, when you get the cluster from me. That reminds me, are you going to want any part from the block or heads?