Failed insepction today

wheel366

Well, I figured I would be a good boy and go to inspection early. I failed NOx. It was around 1300 instead of 900. I did some research and it means that the combustion process is running to hot. I did put some gas additives in the last time I filled up on Saturday. I put in some octane booster, Marvel Mystery Oil and a bottle of dry gas.

I just ordered an Amsoil EaA air filter. I'm gonna put that in get me a crap load of dry gas, wait til my tank is almost empty and try to pass again. If that does not work, I'll have to take it to a shop. From what I read online, it could be that it is running lean (not enough fuel) which will support the misfires I have been having since I got the new engine. It could also be something else too but I am leaning towards a possile bad injector or two since the engine and CAT are new. It could also be a bad CAT but I have only had the CAT maybe a year and a half with less than 15k miles on it. It is possible I guess, but I will be pissed if that is the case. I also read that retarding the timing a little can help. Now, since I can't do that myself I'll have a shop take a look.

This damn truck is going to be the death of me!

I also read that retarding the timing a little can help. Now, since I can't do that myself I'll have a shop take a look.

Um...why? Loosen the 13mm bolt holding down the distributor, and then turn it a bit with a timing light to retard the timing. It'll take you 5 minutes.

I always had good luck by tearing around the highway for a few minutes before I take it into the garage for the test. When the engine is hot, it seems to burn cleaner.