New to the nissan and off-roading scene

mennonitemike

Hey, I'm Mike (of mennonite ancestry) I'm in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I just bought my first Nissan ,my first truck-class vehicle and my first 4x4, all in one neat little package. It's an '87 Pathfinder 2dr with the Z24/5-speed. I got it from a wrecker with 580,000kilometers and a mashed passenger front corner. I should have taken before and after pictures 'cuz it's pretty straight now, with the help of my father-in-law. Still need to paint it and finish the tune-up on it, including oil change in the tranny, t-case and diffs. I'm contemplating a 2-3" lift via torsion crank and Jeep Grand Cherokee coils. I might be getting my hands on some aftermarket 15" aluminum split rims off a Isuzu Rodeo possibly with tires, it they don't fit on the guy's jeep. Well that's my story hoping this take me snowboarding and back a few times this year. Later!

~Mike

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys and Pezzy. I looking forward to gleaning from the wealth of knowledge available here. Thanks again!

~Mike

Welcome! Did you get your Pathy from Pick and Pull? Blue?

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome guys and Pezzy. I looking forward to gleaning from the wealth of knowledge available here. Thanks again!

~Mike

*stands next to pezzy in the chick section* :shiftyeyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Welcome! Did you get your Pathy from Pick and Pull? Blue?

Nope I got it from Taz Auto wreckers in Airdrie. It was mashed in the passenger front corner so they included all the parts needed to make it road worthy in the purchase. replaced all the front sheet metal and the rad/fender support.