Calmini steering and 3" lift ordered (what else?)

MikeV

I ordered the Calmini steering and 3" suspension (squeak) lift (minus the calmini shocks as I have Rancho 9000's)

What other parts should I replace while I'm "replacing" my front end as this is the first time doing a steering project and a real front suspension.

Are Moog balljoints a good choice or is there a better option?

Sold my Z to finance the truck build & Calmini stuff will be here in like 10 days (I hope) but I just want to be sure I have any needed bushings as I can't get parts locally in Wisconsin as I don't drive a Jeep (we have more Jeeps than cows now) :itsallgood:

I would search but I am doing a damn server migration in the middle of Iowa right now (no manuals, no truck and hardly any time) Have to remote session to Wisconsin as they have no internet connection here; just vpn bs :shiftyeyes:

I had to get the Rancho in cab shock adjuster for the final touch of Japanese Luxury(Heat, AC, auto hubs, on board shock adjustment, anyone know where I can get a lazy boy truck seat commode with 4 point safety harness? )

I just have time over Turkey Day weekend and want to have everything on hand.

Thanks again Guys (& gals)

Mike

:crossedwires: :coffee!:

Moog are a good choice for ball joints.

You shouldn't need much else for that job, except maybe sway bar end links if yours are bad. Be sure to install zerks on the UCA's before putting them on the truck, as Calmini has a horrible tendency to squeak.

Does the new idler arm come with a zerk? I noticed a lot of water and muck fouled up my grease inside the idler arm on mine last time I went wheeling. If there's a zerk on there, you could just pump it up until fresh grease starts squirting out around the bushings. I bought my steering used so the old owner may have stuck one on the side of the i.a.

if you do install a zerk on the side of the idler arm, make sure it's in a spot that it will not bump into the bracket when you rotate the arm.

Edited by skrillaguerilla

I'm curious if they have zerks also, I will let you know when I get them.

If they don't have zerks I will put them in for sure as that has been the one complaint I have heard of Calmini products alot.

lower control arm bushing

tension/compression rod bushings

front swaybar bushings

moog lower ball joints (calmini includes uppers I believe)

Moog inner and outer tie rod ends (trail spares)

going to order this evening; if anyone has any other recommendations lemme have them.

Will work on the rear bushings when I do my Locker/drum to disc conversion.

Thanks!

Mike

the calmini steering system's idler arm does come with a zerk fitting. just remember there is a chance that they will send the wrong pitman arm. when i got mine they sent the small bore pitman arm with the kit and i needed the large bore. just a little fyi.