2004 model clunky

Zeeboy47

I picked up the used 2004 Chinook version in Feb, and shortly thereafter began to hear a clunk from the front end. Only seems to happen on the crappy Montreal roads, which for me means all the time :shiftyeyes:;D

Most noticeable at low speeds going over depressions in the road. I think it might be a torsion bar bushing, but hard to verify.

Anyone out there see the same thing?

I picked up the used 2004 Chinook version in Feb, and shortly thereafter began to hear a clunk from the front end. Only seems to happen on the crappy Montreal roads, which for me means all the time :shiftyeyes:;D

Most noticeable at low speeds going over depressions in the road. I think it might be a torsion bar bushing, but hard to verify.

Anyone out there see the same thing?

The 04's do not have torsion bars, they are coil springs front and back.

May be a bushing, those Quebec roads can be rather hard on cars I hear :tongue:

The 04's do not have torsion bars, they are coil springs front and back.

May be a bushing, those Quebec roads can be rather hard on cars I hear :tongue:

Trainman,

Correct on the strut suspension up front. There is though a stabilizer/torsion bar connecting the 2 wheels. Hard to put it under load. I was hoping someone else out there had an 04 with the same symptoms.

Regards,

Zee

Trainman,

Correct on the strut suspension up front. There is though a stabilizer/torsion bar connecting the 2 wheels. Hard to put it under load. I was hoping someone else out there had an 04 with the same symptoms.

Regards,

Zee

Check out the replies on CarTalkCanada, the sway bars are the consensus there. articsteve figures about $35 per side for aftermarket and $80 from the dealer.

Trainman,

Regards,

Zee

Most people refer to that part as an "Anti-sway bar" or just Sway bar.