1995 Speaker suggestions?

Xmas

I am going to upgrade the busted up old Pioneer speakers that are in my 95 pathy.

I found out that the front speakers that were in there are the Pioneer TS164P.

The speaker was held in w/ some bracket w/ only 2 screws in it. lol. Talk about half ass job.

So anyways, I plan to change these out (front doors) w/ some new 6.5". Would any 6.5" speakers work fine?

Ok, now for the back speakers. Not sure what size they are, but they are on the roof towards/close to the rear hatch window. If I would guess, maybe something like a 5x7?? I can tell these are old Pioneer's, but they are blown also.

So what would you fellas recommend, size & brands?

I want clean sound. I do not plan to put any subwoofers or amps. Just legit and clean.

The stereo that is in the truck is a Pioneer detactable face / not sure the model, but it works fine and dandy.

~~~ oh, I was on circuitcity.com and it says that I can fit these size speakers: 6x8 & 5x7.

Now, would the 6x8 fit in the front two doors or just the rear (on the roof)?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by Xmas

6.5" speakers will be tight, and you'll have to do a lot of trimming. Be sure to install the front door speakers with the window DOWN, as that's the only way to be sure that the speakers will fit, and you'll be able to roll the window all the way down. :aok:

Both the front and rear are 5x7 in the 95 Pathfinder. Stock speakers are Clarion. Most commercial 5x7's are too deep to fit. Try www.crutchfield.com and go through the vehicle specific sizing to find the speaker models that will fit in your Pathy without trimming/cutting the stock holes.

6.5" speakers will be tight, and you'll have to do a lot of trimming. Be sure to install the front door speakers with the window DOWN, as that's the only way to be sure that the speakers will fit, and you'll be able to roll the window all the way down. :aok:

Both the front and rear are 5x7 in the 95 Pathfinder. Stock speakers are Clarion. Most commercial 5x7's are too deep to fit. Try www.crutchfield.com and go through the vehicle specific sizing to find the speaker models that will fit in your Pathy without trimming/cutting the stock holes.

Well the pioneers that are in the front which has an adapter on the door, seems like they are fine, but then again the magnets on those pioneer 6.5" are small.

As for crutchfield, all the speakers shows a exclamation mark for being flags as "MODIFY"

:)

I am not worried about the front, but more worried about the back / ceiling style speakers that goes into it.

Thanks

I threw a pair of sony clearance speakers from Walmart into my fronts. Had to trim the plastic mounting adapter a bit to fit the rim and I heated and bulged teh back out to make room for the magnet.

the metal was fine. There's a white(ish) plastic mounting thingy that the speaker screws into. I had to enlarge the entire opening (via dremel) by about 1/8 inch all around. That allowed the flange on the speaker to fit flat (if the magnet didn't hit the back of the casing. so... a little torch and some reshaping and there is now room for the magnet.

I think i'm going w/ the Kenwoods that Crutchfield recommends. They say the 5x7 will fit w/ ease and no cutting or modify anything :)

By the Kenwood specs it will go down to 30hz, so bass should be pretty tone.

Edited by Xmas

• 4 weeks later...

My '90 w/ MT tires is so noisy on the road that I don't think it matters what brand of speaker you get - it will all sound the same when you're actually driving; I wouldn't get to tortured about which ones you get. :itsallgood: Good luck ! - glenn

No speakers yet. I did buy some pioneer 5x7 which the install techs @ BestBuy said would work. Well I got them for 80.00 and nope did not fit.

Seems like really nothing fits for the rear. It sucks!!

I know that the front speakers on my 95 hardbody are 4x6's. I replaced them with 4x6 sony xplod. Direct fit.

Not sure if its the same on a pathy, i would assume it is though.

Cant help you with the rear speakers. My 92 pathy has the floor mounted speakers, and i havent even opened them up yet.

GarrettQ