Starting Problem

Pathfinder93

I did a search and found over 1000 posts on starters.

Here is the story and what is going on.

I was able to start the Pathy when I would pump the clutch for awhile. After that nothing.

Battery Good/Alternator good.

When I turn the key I get 1 click.

On Saturday I replaced the Starter and it fired right up. Today I went home @ lunch and I am having the same problem. 1 click and then nothing.

The Starter I put in was remanufactured.

Any thoughts?

Clutch switch? If so how do I verify?

Bad Starter? PITA!!

It's probably a voltage issue at the starter. Very recently, this was posted up.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16137&hl=

It could very well be the same problem, but try cleaning the terminals at your battery, and ensuring they're tight.

Clutch switch?
Pull the connector off the switch under the dash that your clutch pedal activates and stuff a paper clip in the ends on the harness side. If your truck fires up, voila! Then snip and solder the wires together, but remember it'll start in gear now. Mine's been bypassed since I bought it, I just always push the clutch in.

The one on my old Cavilier flaked out at 3am while I was driving from Dallas to Pittsburg and I ended up jumpering it with a Wrigleys chewing gum wrapper.

put the truck in N and set the brakes and chock it...put a spade on about a 5 ft wire pull the control wire off the starter and hook this one on....bump the other end of it on the + post and if it turns over you have wiring problems in the stock wiring if it acts up you have something else...battery starter or conductivity