fixed my starting problem

tbone

I had been getting the intermitten "click" and no start from my 95'. I performed the jumper wire mod from the ignition switch (black wire with yellow stripe) to the wire coming out on the backside of the battery (black wire/pink stripe) that heads to the starter. It has started everytime since (50 times) so i'm calling it fixed !!! :friday:

Thanks for all the help ! I would have never troubleshot this issue on my own ( I had already bought a new starter and blue relay)

How does one go about doing this mod? I am having a similar problem. I get the click.

I put in a new starter on Saturday.

Today I went home on lunch and lo and behold it wouldn't start.

Needless to say I am a little bit frustrated.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

search around... you can set up a relay to a switch in the cab... and have have the relay output (12v) run to the control pole on the starter...

its the basic principal of hotwiring your truck....once this is complete you will only need ot turn the key to pos 3 (maybe its 4) but you will not have to turn it all the way fwd to the start position...just put it up to the highest B4 start then hit the mommentary switch and boom she'll start right up...if you have a MT make sure its in N or have the clutch in...it will roll in the direction of the gear your in unless you pick up the clutch interlock switch in your new circuit...