Just had a 40 series cat back put on!

BLouisGod

Yesterday, I had it with the stock exhaust. One of the brackets busted and was shaking the truck at idle, plus it was ugly as sin. I went to a muffler shop here, and for 199, I had them custom build a cat back with 2.25" piping and a flowmaster 40 series. It has a nice tip and sounds great right now, nice rumble and all, but maybe a touch to loud.

I have a question though. On my other two cars Ive used a stainless steel magnaflow system and they held up great, and really held the same sound, one for 5 years, and it was never head turning loud. Will the 40 series aluminum muffler break up soon and get louder?

lol, i just got my flowmaster 40 installed today. cat back too.

but i want a louder, more obnoxious one! no joke.

i'll see if the muffler shop i went to can cut me a deal on a new one :tongue:

Understandable; alot of my neighbors have Harleys with no baffle; LOUD on a summer night when your sleeping.

So I am thinking switching to a 40 from my 50. Wait for some light snow on the street and let 'em spin and the thunda escapes at 5 am when I leave.

Thorleys and the 50 sound good BUT... 40 better :tonguefinger:

It will get louder as time goes on. I really like the 70 series that was on my old F150 (v6).

Only got loud when I hit the pedal. at a stop or just normal cruising you hardly heard it. Maybe a little purr, but thats about it.

Now the 40 is flat out loud. On FlowMasters the lower the series which is 40 is the loudest. The higher to quieter.