Is It Normal?

feloniousmonk

Test drove a '95 2WD today. It has 97k miles. The clutch was supposedly replaced a month ago. I notice the clutch engagement point was really high, like the last 1/5 of pedal travel. The shop that has done maintainenance on the truck for the owner was showing the truck on behalf of the owner. The shop owner said the engagement point is high because the clutch is new and that with age the engagement point will get lower. True?

Also, I noticed two wiring harnesses hanging down from the dash on the driver side behind the knee bolster. One black and the other translucent white. The black one was wide, the white one was about 1" wide with 2 metal contact pins. What could these be?

Last question, can the washer fluid reservoir cap be purchased by itself or does it have to be purchased with the reservoir? Anyone got a spare cap laying around?

Thanks.

Edited by feloniousmonk

The guy was right about the clutch, it's just like with brakes. If you want to adjust the clutch it's pretty simple. Just take out the pin that holds the linkage to the clutch pedal and screw it down a little then check and see how it feels. It's all done in the drivers foot well and you probably won't even need to use tools.

I think the harnesses are for the dealer to be able to "update" the ecu. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong on this.

I can't help you on the cap issue, but check the part out threads in the classifieds on this forum and you'll probably get lucky.

The guy was right about the clutch, it's just like with brakes. If you want to adjust the clutch it's pretty simple. Just take out the pin that holds the linkage to the clutch pedal and screw it down a little then check and see how it feels. It's all done in the drivers foot well and you probably won't even need to use tools.

I didnt even remove the pin...my 95 is a turn buckle with a jamb nut so I just climbed under there with a wrench and adjusted it

I need to hit the JY later this week or early next. If I see a cap, I'll snag it for ya.

That'd be great. Thank you!

I didnt even remove the pin...my 95 is a turn buckle with a jamb nut so I just climbed under there with a wrench and adjusted it

Possible to see a picture?

I'd have to see pics of the wiring to comment. It could be anything from a crazy stereo install to a simple missing ziptie.

I will take a picture once I pick it up. Will probably make an offer today if work doesn't get too crazy.

• 2 weeks later...