32x11.50/fender Trimming ?

drifter

This is the same setup that I am running. The short answer is " a few inches "at the corners of the wheelwells.What I did was see where the tires were rubbing, or likely to rub with the suspension compressed. Then I marked off a little extra and went at it with a grinder. It came out well although I did have to go back and touch up one corner after I tested it out off road. I would suggest that you at least spray a little Rustoleum on the raw metal that is exposed after you make your cuts. Good luck ! -glenn

This is the same setup that I am running. The short answer is " a few inches "at the corners of the wheelwells.What I did was see where the tires were rubbing, or likely to rub with the suspension compressed. Then I marked off a little extra and went at it with a grinder. It came out well although I did have to go back and touch up one corner after I tested it out off road. I would suggest that you at least spray a little Rustoleum on the raw metal that is exposed after you make your cuts. Good luck ! -glenn

right on , Thanks for the info.

I've got 32x11.50's on Yota rims on the Pathy right now. Haven't flexed it out, but it looks like she should be good until I flex it fully. (stock suspension, too)

engine in or out? with it sitting on jackstands or with the t-bars hooked up and fully cranked? if the engines out or its on jackstands I would assume that you will have some issues with clearances...esp with any flexure so just keep that in mind before going out and running some trails

You dont want the sidewalls flush with the lip on those wide rims.I like my sidewalls sticking out thats why when I was doing my tire/rim shopping I matched almost every m/t out there and i find that the 31X10.50 on 15X8 combo just doesnt look right to me.

If I was to go with a 10.5 tires id get a 15X7 rims...Just my .02 cents

Thanks for the info, caught between 32's 0r 31's cant make up my mind, They say 32's with 5 or 5.5 back space will clear with a 3 in calmini lift. :wacko::dance:

I am going to install Thorley headers and a 2.5 exhaust and i will stay away from jumps, might help w/ 32's

Do a body lift also if budget allows that way you have better chance of your tires not rubbing and itll make it a lot easier to do the thorleys install also.

As for the backspacing,Stick with what everyone else used...I think its 3.75

Edited by PATHRIDER

5" back spacing sounds like too much to me. You'll prolly rub the frame under full lock with 32s not to mention you might be hard pressed to find a good selection of 6 on 5.5 rims with 5" BS. IIRC, Most of the steelies I was looking at were 3.75" anyway. Like PATHRIDER said, a BL will definately help clear 32s. Mine now has a 2" BL along with the 2.5-3" suspension lift plus I trimmed the front fenders about 1.5" near the firewall and 2-2.5" up by the bumper then rolled the edge and remounted the flares. I haven't jumped it again yet, but I have flexed it out a bit and got no rubbing.