Little Bit O Wheeling On Sept 15-16?

cooleeze

I really want to go to Sunrise Lake(Harrison Area)

I went up the trail to V-rock which looks a little challenging and didn't want to go it alone, after that it's smooth sailing apparently.

It looks like a nice lake from the pics I've seen, LMK if you're interested or any other wheeling on the weekend.

Cheers

Greg

sunrise is a cake walk. you can do it in a stock pathy. My buddy does it in his stock IFS runner. But if you slide off, your gonna have body damage. I walk the V notch without spinning a tire.

while your up there do the hard line up from hale.

I will be camping at the north end of Chehalis lake friday and saturday night. We will be heading to sunrise during the day on saturday (and possibly sunday too) to do some swimming etc. Not sure yet if I'll be bringing the Pathy camping though, I might let my buddy carry my gear in his Chevy and ride my KLR...

I should be at sunrise for some time during the day so hopefully i will see your guy's trucks up there. My buddies truck is a big green chevy on propane btw.

:beer:

Edited by HitTheTrails

Oh, and yeah the hard line from Hale creek is fun too. I like to go down the easy line to the beach and then go up the hard line. It's not too difficult, just a bit of a challeng with open diffs.

As for the v-rock, it's usually really easy, but as 87 said you can slide and damage your rockers if your not carefull/don't have sliders.

If you guys head up to Sunrise and enjoy the weather for a while and then hit up Hale Creek before heading back home it will be a good full day!

What are you doin on here Greg?

Did ya trade the Supra in on something cool?

lol, still have the Supra. Always loved wheeling though and enjoyed it before the Supra. I guess I like the best of both worlds,heh

So.... Who the heck is this anyway,lol!!!

Sounds good for the 16th, if you set up a meeting time and place we can meet. I need a self-portrait for my photography class so somehow I need to include my Pathy (offroading of course).

How about Saturday?? Looks like I had plans Sunday for my father in laws birthday that I just found out about....

I checked the weather and it looks better Saturday too.

Oh, and yeah the hard line from Hale creek is fun too. I like to go down the easy line to the beach and then go up the hard line. It's not too difficult, just a bit of a challeng with open diffs.

As for the v-rock, it's usually really easy, but as 87 said you can slide and damage your rockers if your not carefull/don't have sliders.

If you guys head up to Sunrise and enjoy the weather for a while and then hit up Hale Creek before heading back home it will be a good full day!

Sweet!! So airing down a bit may be a good idea??

I will be camping at the north end of Chehalis lake friday and saturday night. We will be heading to sunrise during the day on saturday (and possibly sunday too) to do some swimming etc. Not sure yet if I'll be bringing the Pathy camping though, I might let my buddy carry my gear in his Chevy and ride my KLR...

I should be at sunrise for some time during the day so hopefully i will see your guy's trucks up there. My buddies truck is a big green chevy on propane btw.

:beer:

Sounds great!! I'm hoping to be up there Saturday around noon-2:00

Sounds good for the 16th, if you set up a meeting time and place we can meet. I need a self-portrait for my photography class so somehow I need to include my Pathy (offroading of course).

So are you coming??? It's suppose to rain sunday, so you should come up saturday along with cooleeze!

I have a cursed 91 supra Pat conned me into buying. I wish it was a an ounce as reliable or cheap as my Pathfinder.

Shayne from Northern BC

Supra went in to be built by a Pro and even they cant get it to run.

Oh hey Shayne! That sucks about the Supra. I'm going through some BS too, had a 57 trim that was built by a "pro" and it lasted about 300KM. Now he won't warranty it and it came with a "warranty" It's been an absolute BS'n disaster. Good thing the old Pathy is keeping me happy!!(got it from my brother) a few months ago as it sat for almost 4 years.

I was going to drop by last time I was in town. I have a set of headers for the Pathfinder I was hoping to get coated.

Ive had my pathfinder for 3 years now like brand new including the leather. Have had to do the clutch and the bresks in the last 60k that we have put on. Does not burn oil, just lots of gas.

I will see about puttin up some pics. You'll be building parts for these next I bet?

Well, I went up camping at chehalis and went to sunrise on saturday. The water was a good temp and the rope swing was fun! I ended up riding with my buddy in his chevy, kinda glad too, the road was pretty rough, it will be easier when i get my lift and sliders done. Cooleze did u end up going?

Well, I went up camping at chehalis and went to sunrise on saturday. The water was a good temp and the rope swing was fun! I ended up riding with my buddy in his chevy, kinda glad too, the road was pretty rough, it will be easier when i get my lift and sliders done. Cooleze did u end up going?

No, my purpose on this post was to see if I could meet up with someone before hitting the rough stuff. My Pathy is old and tires are 31's but the backs are pretty worn. I'm not fully comfortable doing some stuff alone due to some other overdue maitenence as well but hopefully we can get some wheeling in soon as I work on the truck :)

Oh, I see. Well as soon as rocky road gets their act together and ships me my spacers I will have all my parts to do my lift. My BP skids should be here soon too. My buddy and I are going to make some sliders. I'll post in this section once I'm all ready to go again.