Toyota Wheels

ILoveMyPatty

Well, my dad doesn't want the 32x11.50 BFG Muds that came on his Landcruiser. There are five, mounted to some pretty generic but cool looking wheels. I want them. The bolt pattern is the same, I threw one on the front end of my '90 Pathy. But, the hub diameter on the wheel is a little bigger. Are there sleeves that you can get that will fill this gap? It's about 3/16" gap all around the hub. Is it even worth it, or should I just get new wheels.

Lug centric?

the wheel centers itself via the lugnuts as opposed to the hubs...if it was hub Dependant then no you could not use it...to tell if its lug centered the wheel should have tapers where the studs pass through and the studs should also have that taper (this is the centering mechanism) if this is the case you dont need any sleeves or anything of that nature

So your saying that the inside diameter of the hole in the wheel is larger than the outside diameter of the hub assembly on the truck... and wondering if that is OK. Is this correct?

If so then yes it is OK and it will not hurt anything since they are lug centric as mentioned above.

As for covers, I don't think your going to find anything to "fill" that gap, but you can get open-ended center caps like what is used on the rear.

Here are a couple cell phone pics of the wheels on my yota ('83 solid axle).

toywheel01zi3.th.jpg toywheel02dj4.th.jpg

*Disregard the rust on the center "caps" and the fact that the wheels need cleaned up as these will be moving to the Pathy soon and I will be cleaning them and getting replacement centers.

If you look at the second pic the chrome cap has a snug fit on the inner assembly on my yota. Placing these on the Pathy (having a slightly larger gap) you just may find that dirt/mud collects more in there, just take a little extra time spraying it out when you clean them.

The wheels are on, and they look pretty good. I know what the lug centric thing is now, they centered up fine once I tightened the lug nuts down.

Engine swap is still incomplete. I need an extra hand, and some money. My dad didn't pay me for this months work at our resort before he went up North to work.. So, it will be minimum 2 weeks before I get to start working on it again.

I guess I COULD pull the engine and just wait for the gasket/seal set and Thorleys...

How complex is taking off the intake manifold and putting it back on? Simple as disconnecting the lines and such, removing the bolts and pulling it, then everything in reverse? Or would I have to change the seal or gasket, whatever is there?