Cheap Wheels

kiwininja

Does anyone know if a set of 15" 6 lug steel wheels from a late 80's Chevy truck will fit a Pathfinder? There's a set in the local paper for really cheap and I'm looking for a cheap set of wheels to mount some 31s on. I looked up the bolt pattern and they should be 6x5.5 from what I can tell, but I can't find any specs on the backspacing. I tried searching, but didn't find anything on this yet. I'd like to find out if they'll fit before I drive all the way out to this guy's place.

Edited by kiwininja

Not sure, but the hub hole might be a tad small. Wouldn't hurt to try it on before buyin.

I would just drive out there and test fit them on the Pathfinder, but unfortunately it's sitting in the garage right now with the intake manifold off right now. I'm the process of pulling the heads so I can drill out the busted exhaust manifold studs. What is the allowable range for backspacing for a Pathfinder? It looks like most people go with 4" when they buy aftermarket wheels, but I thought the stock ones were a little bit less. I'll probably just measure the hub hole on one of my current rims and head out the guy's place and measure the chevy ones. If they're close enough I'll just pick them up, he only wants $50 for the set of 5 anyway.

Why don't you take your spare and see if it fits his car? That way you will know for sure.

Backwards, Chevy hub openings tend to be smaller, though the lug pattern is the same. His spare would fit the Chevy, but the Chevy wheels might need to be milled out to work on his Pathy.

^^^ What he said! :aok:

Like you said, just measure the center bore, and make sure the chevy rims are at least as big. Then you'll be fine.

What they said.

One other thing to be aware of - Chevy wheels USUALLY have less backspacing than optimal for Pathies, so the wheels will stick out more. See Slick's pictures. They will work, but can lead to more fender and flare interference issues.

Does anyone know if a set of 15" 6 lug steel wheels from a late 80's Chevy truck will fit a Pathfinder? There's a set in the local paper for really cheap and I'm looking for a cheap set of wheels to mount some 31s on. I looked up the bolt pattern and they should be 6x5.5 from what I can tell, but I can't find any specs on the backspacing. I tried searching, but didn't find anything on this yet. I'd like to find out if they'll fit before I drive all the way out to this guy's place.

:tonguefinger: i have 3 sets of chevy 6 lug rims for mini me.... she can only wear one set at a time, and 1 set has a slightly different bs, but they all work. tires stick out a bit more, but i don't care...

here's mini sportin a set ( i painted them black)

with flares on, she looks just fine... i do get some rubbing when my t bars are saggin tho, but she did fine off road with em too. (she has 31x10.5x15 tires)

MVC-018S.jpg

Edited by Slick