New Nissan R&p Gears Made In The U.s. For Less Than $200

SteeevO

If Superior Axle and Gear made nissan gears. lets say for example, 4.875 for the H233B (oh wow i just had to order some!) and offered them at less then $200 a set. how many do you think would be moved in a year?

Honest opinions only please. and stay positive. [glass half full]

[Warning i'm on edge right now, if someone walks in here trying to shoot down another one my efforts i'm going to flip out]

i'd buy one in a heart beat for my sas swap. hell i already bought a 4.88 r&p for a d44 and need it for my rear end. i bet they would sell a good 20 a year.

I'll say the same thing I did in your other crybaby for no reason post. If you want cheap gears buy Dana or Ford axels.

I don't doubt that they would consider making gears for us, but think your price expectations are a joke. Also, only making them for a H233b would limit sales to SAS and 2wd peeps. Also given that most people I know doing a SAS are going to 5.13s that would limit the quantity more. Not to mention, if they made a matched set for a r200, it at least could be sold to a broader market given the other vehicles that use that diff type.

R&D isn't cheap, smaller the production run, more overhead to recoupe, why the ones that are available aren't cheap. :togo:

If cheap gears were made available for the H233b I would say that more folks (nissan and non-nissan) would use this axle in general. It's a super tough axle, but since gears are so steep for it no one can afford to use it when there are Dana 60s out there with cheap gears and lockers. I would have purchased a set of gears without a second thought at $200 for the H233b. I know at least five people in my club (TNT) would have purchased gears as well. It would take time for the word to get out, but once it did I bet the H233b would start to appear in more non-nissan vehicles.

I'm with hoohaa on this one...

i think if the aftermarket woke up... nissans would be more common.

direct people that need H233B gears to here. we are getting somethng going here.

-Steven

[Glass Half Full]

I would definitely save my duckets and coins and buy a set if I could get them that cheap. They're $500 from NISMO or Nissan IIRC.

I need R200 gears too. I won't have money for an SAS for a LONG time and I need to keep it IFS, that means re-gearing it to make it more useable...and it's not getting re-geared at $500 per axle. No way in hell.

I bet TONS of other people would jump on the chance to get cheaper gears.

If I remember right, they used a 10-bolt ring gear for some H233B diffs and a 12 bolt for others, so you may want to figure out the most commonly used pattern and go with that as a starter, unless the gear company is willing to do two designs for the same axle as a first run or something.