Whats Wrong?

92pathy

Hey guys i started my truck up the other day and she was doin fine then all the sudden she started sputtering and hesitating while i was driving. it seems like its always wanting to die and it has a couple times. ive replaced all the spark plugs and wires and no help, my dad thinks it may be timing? not sure anyone have any ideas?

thanks

thanks for all the tips finally got her running smooth i didnt figure it would be the fuel filter cause i just replace it under a year ago? is that too fast for them to get clogged or do i have alot of junk in tank?

thanks for all the tips finally got her running smooth i didnt figure it would be the fuel filter cause i just replace it under a year ago? is that too fast for them to get clogged or do i have alot of junk in tank?

Yes and no. :tongue:

You should replace the fuel filter once a year on a vehicle this old. On a new(er) vehicle just replace it by mileage as recommended by the manufacturer.

Remember, your truck is 12-17 years old (depending on what year you have) so yes it will have stuff i the tank, it just happens. People do not think abut it or realize but there is a lot of dust, polen and other particilates in the air and everytime you open the gas tank you expose the fuel to it, not to mention when it was loaded on the turnk and loaded into the gas station tank under the ground.

It would also not be a bad idea on a vehicle this old to get the tank removed and cleaned or at least start thinking about it.

You should also look at having the injector cleaned properly. And when I say cleanded I dont mean the $50 oil change station special where they just run some chemicals through the injectors I mean the $100+ kind of cleaning where they remove them and clean them. If you are really hard-core you might just want to replace all 6 injectors.

You should also look at having the throttle body removed and have all the carbon build up cleaned out. You are porbably getting a lot of carbon buildup inside if you have a dirty tank.

All of this will get you some better gas milege, responiveness and horsepower out to the engine you might not relaize you were missing! :tongue:

Just my thoughts and opinions.