Quick Wheel Question

statikuz

Hey, I currently have 31x10.5 tires, and I'm looking for some new wheels. The stock wheels are 15x7, I know that, but would a 15x8 work just as well? What would be the difference? As long as the backspacing is close to stock, does it present any problems? Also, and this is probably a dumb question, but do all wheels have enough space inside the bolt circle for big hubs to fit through? [i.e. warns? =)] Thanks. :)

You have to specifically check the center hole as most chev / toyo rims will not fit over the hub.

The bolt pattern / backspacing may be OK but its all pointless if you can't fit it on over the hubs.

they only advantage is that on a 15x8 rim you are less likely to brake the 'bead' if you air down for some wheeln

i run 15x8 for my 31x10.5, i think there good

but the money you will spend on new rims probably really isnt worth it

Alrighty... one more question... what IS the backspacing for a stock 15x7r15 wheel on a 1993 Pathfinder? I've heard its around 4" or so, and is it true that as long as you're close that you're okay? How close is CLOSE? =)

Breaking the bead isnt a problem.... nothing starting fluid and a match cant fix! :P ...15x7s are fine for 10.50 tires anyways

With the stock pathy lego wheels i fit 33x10.50s and all i had to do was adjust the steering bumpstops a little (rubbing on idler arms and radius arms) and... ta da... no rubbing!

NO CUTTING OF FENDERS!!! :aok:

they only advantage is that on a 15x8 rim you are less likely to brake the 'bead' if you air down for some wheeln

i run 15x8 for my 31x10.5, i think there good

but the money you will spend on new rims probably really isnt worth it

Actually wider wheels make it easier to lose a bead when aired down.

Stock backspacing is right around 4 5/8".