Taillight Difference?

projekz

I've got a broken taillight on my 97. I was looking on ebay to pick up a replacements and some are listed 96 to 04 and some others are listed 96 to 98. They all look the same...are the connectors the same after 1999.5? Thanks

I've got a broken taillight on my 97. I was looking on ebay to pick up a replacements and some are listed 96 to 04 and some others are listed 96 to 98. They all look the same...are the connectors the same after 1999.5? Thanks

I actually swapped my tails for newer ones. Just make sure they have a narness (most do) and it plugs right into your existing harness. There is a different tail light design from 96-99 and from 99.5-04. If you are just looking for a stock replacement, you cam use any 96-99 light.

0218071529.jpg

The 96-99 taillights have a black surround with amber turn-signal lenses, while the 99.5-04 taillights have a red surround with clear lenses and amber bulbs for the turn signals. The wiring connector is the same for all model years.

96-99 on the left, 99.5-04 on the right:

taillight_orig_new.jpg

The 96-99 taillights have a black surround with amber turn-signal lenses, while the 99.5-04 taillights have a red surround with clear lenses and amber bulbs for the turn signals. The wiring connector is the same for all model years.

96-99 on the left, 99.5-04 on the right:

taillight_orig_new.jpg

So do I need the harness too or will my stock 97 harness work for the 2000+ tail lights?

The harness should come with the light, and since the wiring connector is the same, it means that either harness (old style or new style) will plug right in.

Edited by XPLORx4