Another Canuck Joins The Pack

jbm

Hi all im James from Calgary up north in canada! I just got a 1999 pathfinder chilkoot (pics coming soon!). Havent gotten it into the mud yet but maybe soon it has some descent tires on it.

Hey anyone know what the difference between a "chilkoot" edition pathy and like a normal XE or something is? Id love to see a list of options I have or something like that.

Anyway nice to be here and i hope you guys can help me with whatever questions i come up with!

Cheers,

James

Welcome fellow Calgarian!

What I got from Nissan news:

Nissan Canada Inc. has revived its uniquely Canadian "Chilkoot Edition" Pathfinder for 2002, expanding on the "outdoor adventure" theme of the former Chilkoot Trail Edition.

Available only in Canada , the new Chilkoot Edition is derived from the Pathfinder XE but adds to that a host of high-value features. It is so fully equipped that the only option available is a four-speed automatic transmission with "All-Mode" automatic 4 wheel drive.

"The Chilkoot Edition will bring a new level of sophistication and rugged good looks to the mid-$30,000 SUV market," said Ian Forsyth, Nissan Canada marketing director. "It is conceived to create plenty of motivated traffic for the entire Pathfinder lineup throughout the '02 model year.

Included on the 2002 Chilkoot Edition Pathfinder are:

- "All-Mode" automatic 4WD (automatic transmission models only);

- Bose audio system with six-disc CD changer, steering wheel mounted controls;

- Upgraded plush cloth interior with 8-way adjustable driver's seat;

- Bold SE-style side-step rails;

- Unique plaques and exterior badging.

The Chilkoot Edition Pathfinder is named for the Chilkoot Trail, once the main route into the Yukon. It was first used by the Tlingit Indians and later by thousands of prospectors and their families trying to reach the Klondike between 1896 and 1899. Today, it and the many relics of the gold-rush era are preserved as part of Canada's Chilkoot Trail National Historic Park.

The Chilkoot Edition Pathfinder is powered by Nissan's award-winning 250-horsepower, 3.5-litre, DOHC V6 which produces an impressive 240 foot-pounds of torque at 3,200 rpm (240 horsepower, 265 ft-lbs on automatic-equipped models).

Like all Pathfinders, it is equipped with an "All Terrain" four-wheel-drive antilock braking system (ABS), full power equipment, air-conditioning, and many other comfort and convenience features.

Chilkoot is available at Nissan dealerships across Canada.

Hey I just ran out and took a pic here she is!

That sounds like an excited pathy owner!

Welcome to NPORA! B)

If you want more info, there's a thread in the R50 section where a few of us were comparing the XE & Chilkoot... that is, if you can figure out the search function... oye!

• 2 weeks later...