Maf Sensor

PATHRIDER

Hey guys.Havent been here for a while. How are you all doing?

I figured id ask the experts on this matter.

Few months back my pathy sstarted idling rough and it backfires when I drive it without having to warm it up in the morning. I figured that its my 02 sensor coz after wiggling the wires on the MAF sensor the idle didnt change

Just had the chance to pull some codes on my 93 pathy and it didnt show any error on mode 1-4. Shows 55 on mode 2

When i pulled codes on mode 5 (real time diagnostic mode) I couldnt really tell if the green light is giving me 2 fkashes 3 times which is the MAF sensor or 4times for 0.2 seconds 3 times which is the ignition signal but it is flashing green light.

So i figured its gotta be my MAF sensor , I replaced it with the one I got from the JY and to no luck it is still idling rough,So rough that the whole truck is vibrating. I cleaned it first with some alcohol on a cotton swab as per 88's tutorial.

My question is could the one I replaced got wet internally coz I have a k&n filter and my drivers side headlight is off the pathy and was wondering if that filter sucked some water or have gotten wet damaginmg the Sensor?Can I let it dry out in the sun?

Could the one I replaced it with be wet internally also coz when I bought it a few months back i doused it with electronic cleaner and left it in the garage never thinking to dry it out under the sun but the electonic cleaner should have evaporated by now :stickwack:

Do i need to reset the ECU after installing a new sensor or have to do anything special?

Thanks a bunch guys

Thanks guys. I did a tune about 6 months ago however I did not change the spark plug wires.

88 What should I look for when I check my cap and rotor? Could it be my distributor too?

My ecu looks different than whats on the tutorial but I think this is what the 93 ecu looks like

post-3900-1183475415_thumb.jpg

Edited by PATHRIDER

After replacing cap, rotor and plugs and plug wires too its still doing the same thing. Found out that it was injector no.5 wasnt firing.Anyone had this problem before? I was going to have the stealership do the work for $500 including parts but I figured heck I need to replace my plenum anyways and ill tackle this tomorrow.

Bought a white pathy for spare just in case I screw something up on this one :FartExplode-vi:

I have the same problem with my 93 4x4 pathy. I have replaced maf, tps, plugs cap and rotor. The ECU gives me code 12, for MAF. I cleaned the old one, put a new one in, and still the same. I can pull the plug on the MAF while running and it will idle up for 1 second and then run super crappy. I unplugged the o2 sensor while running and no change. What do I do, take it to a shop? (yeah right, I still have my manhood)

BTW, this place is awesome. Its nice to talk cars with people who know what the heck I'm talking about.

I have no choice but to take mine to a shop. Time is the enemy .I dont have all week to trouble shoot the problem plus they washed the truck for me

Did you already take it to the shop? If so what did they say the problem was (I know you would ask)? Let us know what the problem/solution was....save guys like us skinned knuckles.

Thanks, John