A/c Compressor Making Noise

OE812

My 99.5 Pathy's A/C compressor has been making a rattling noise when engaged. Is this potentially a sign of it about to die and if so, is there an oil charge that may help?

Thanks,

jeff

If it's rattling, it's likely either the pulley has come loose, or the inner parts are failing. Check the pulley, and if it's tight, you'll need a new compressor.

Newer Sanden style compressors are lubricated by the refrigerant. No internal lubrication.

I have a AC compressor off a 98 pathy i bought for parts. The AC was very cold when it was together. No leaks in the sealed system. If you are interested in a replacement for yours, PM me.

Now I just started noticing this in mine too. I opened up the hood and saw one of the pulleys/belts in the front was REALLY loose... I havent done anything about it yet, just been ignoring it...

Now I just started noticing this in mine too. I opened up the hood and saw one of the pulleys/belts in the front was REALLY loose... I havent done anything about it yet, just been ignoring it...

Good thing, ignoring it is probably the best thing you can do.