Grille Guard And Roof Rack

Hey guys, where can I find the best prices on a safari roof rack and a good grille guard. I like the one on 4x4parts but I've heard from you all that it's over priced. I can't seem to find a cheaper one, and don't know if there's is even a good quality. Also, I got stuck for the first time yesterday and quickly realized I need a tractor/high lift jack and a shovel and axe. I had the bright idea to try this little mud trail I'd heard about when it has been raining here the last couple weeks.... yeah I'm brilliant right? Well that was my first real off-road adventure and it sure was one. My boss, who drives a F-250 4x4 diesel came to get me out and he got stuck too. It was a fun 5 hours getting us both out. :itsallgood: But anyways, thanks in advance for the help guys!

Try Automotive Accessories at www.autoaccessconnect.com they have goood prices and they don't charge for shipping. An you also can try to contact the manufacturers straight. Some of them don't sell direct to you but you can compare their prices with the dealers prices. Try www.westinautomotive.com they have nice things for the front bumper. Once you log in to this website they give you a list of dealers that they work with so I'll shop around first and if you find something that is easy to install you can save some money on the installation. Also try www.go-rhino.com.

email smittybuilt too. they won't show one for a pathy on their site, but they do make 'em. bit high on the price tho. (upwards of $400)

It is isn't it... Thanks a lot, sometimes I just skip over stuff.

If you ever plan to offroad your Pathy, don't get the Manik one. It drops way down and ruins your approach angle, and with the way it mounts if you were to hit it on something it will bend right into the grill and hood. (I had a Manik on mine for the first year after I bought the truck.)

If you do like the Manik style one, check out WAAG brand also, they are similar and cheaper if memory serves.

Its kind of a bummer but from the ones I've seen that's the story with any grille guard. Here's some pictures of the WAAG one... you can see the problem. The WAAG guards run about $600 too. :( If you're just looking for a little looks, you could scope out a prerunner bar that bolts to the stock bumper (like in my avatar), but if you want any sort of protection you should probably invest in a full ARB-style bar, which would run you somewhere like $850 depending where you get it (even though I know you said you weren't looking for one like that.)

158.jpg

Edited by statikuz

Well I do want the protection, but I'm not looking to spend that much right now. Looks like I'm caught in a catch 22. I don't think I need a LOT of protection, but I don't want something that's right up against the body. Well guys, thanks for the help. I may see if a friend of mine can custom one up for me.

Well I do want the protection, but I'm not looking to spend that much right now. Looks like I'm caught in a catch 22. I don't think I need a LOT of protection, but I don't want something that's right up against the body. Well guys, thanks for the help. I may see if a friend of mine can custom one up for me.

Keep an eye out on the Nissan boards in the classifieds for one. I picked up a stock one not too long ago for $50.

DSC00290.jpg

Honestly, most anything other than like and ARB or such will probably cause as much damage as it prevents. If you're just looking at pushing away brush, go for one like Statikuz mentioned. Otherwise, you're not really going to get any "real" protection, so why not just roll it stock for now and wait until you can afford and/or find something better?

This coming from me, Mr. ChromePickles...

DSC01848.jpg