Ecm 1995 5spd 4x4

NoKaOiSURF

is it true that i can only replace a ecm from 1995 4x4 5spd v6 with the exact same model and tranny

if so that sucks

oh well my kids wont be eating for a few days

ECU ya mean. and no, whoever told you that, is full of sh!t. an ECU from a 90-95 MPFi VG30E will work. :wiggle:

and, if i remember rightly (redpath88 will correct me lol) the ECU from an auto pathy will work in a 5 speed, but not the other way around.

Edited by Slick

ECU ya mean. and no, whoever told you that, is full of sh!t. an ECU from a 90-95 MPFi VG30E will work. :wiggle:

and, if i remember rightly (redpath88 will correct me lol) the ECU from an auto pathy will work in a 5 speed, but not the other way around.

I thought Nissan called them ECCS's? Any who.....Slicks right , I bought an ECU out of a 94 and mine is a 91, Worked sweet.

On a side note, i read somewhere that the tranny is a seperate ECU....thats BS right? pathy's only have one correct? thinkingmine needs replaced

Not BS :D they do....Well mine does ....dunno about the TBI one's though.

Mine is located in the right hand side of the body, above the rear wheel arch. Don't ask me where they are in a 4DR.

:beer:

If its like the Z-cars, you are correct (I think Nissan was pretty consistent with their behavior in this manner). The automatic ECU will try to send signals to the transmission controller, the manual one won't - but if you put the automatic ECU in a manual car, the ECU will simply assume that the transmission controller has tanked and will go about its business. The manual ECU doesn't even have the circuitry to talk to the transmission controller at all, so if you put it in an automatic car, there's a pretty good chance that it won't work to the point where the car won't move.