Arb Air Locker Install

msavides

I decided to do them both at the same time. I have some photos of the install. I had a little problem with the Rear Pinion. The shims were scored really bad. So I had to wait 9 days for the stealership to get them in. Costed me 109 bucks for a variety of different thickness shims. I replaced all the bearings while I was at it. It was not that hard to do the rear gear setup just a lot of attention to detail. The front on the other had was a PITA we had to make several of the tools that are in the Nissan manual including the spreader. The front required a lot of repetition I replaced the side bearings in the front but left the pinion alone. I also on both differentials took a gear tooth pattern before disassembly so I could put it back where it was from factory since the gears had already started to wear in and I wanted to set it back up to continue to wear in the same place. I will add the photos to this post when I get home tonight.

After finally getting it back together we took it for a test ride and everything worked great. There was no gear howl or any other abnormal noise. I did notice a big difference in the turning. It seems to turn much easier, I don't feel the push from the rear that I used to.

Mark

Here are some pics of my air locker installation.

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/Al...165/t_=88532165

good work!

air lockers rule!!!, i love my front air locker in the troll

good pics there btw seems like your pretty handy when it comes to turning spanners, - the only way to be :D:D:D:beer: