Roof Top Lighting

KyL

Just picked up two 510 series super white piaa driving lights for the front bumper but now im thinking about going for some more lights. What i wanna do is install them to the roof, but i dont have a spare tire carrier for the roof and I dont know about any other way of installing them. If it helps, I have roof rails? to secure things like luggage carriers and stuff. Any pictures of installs or insight is appreciated.

Just picked up two 510 series super white piaa driving lights for the front bumper but now im thinking about going for some more lights. What i wanna do is install them to the roof, but i dont have a spare tire carrier for the roof and I dont know about any other way of installing them. If it helps, I have roof rails? to secure things like luggage carriers and stuff. Any pictures of installs or insight is appreciated.

Ask and you shall receive:

Any pictures of installs or insight is appreciated

I have a rack, but this could be done with the standard luggage rack as well. I used CB Antenna mounts and clamped them to the rack.

DSC00554.jpg

Not real difficult, they work GREAT!

I bought a 3rd thule bar, and drilled thru it to mount my two roof lights.

I also mounted the air dam/ fairing on the 3rd rail, and cut it shorter than the other two, so it's no wider than my truck (like the others are - found the one looked funny alone like that)

ne4wd_342.jpg

Thanks for the info and pictures guys!! After installing the lights, where abouts do you guys run the wiring/hide it, Lol, sorry just not too keen on electrical!

Edited by KyL