Big Problem!

Lord_likuid

i went off road yesterday and i tried to go throw water, it wasnt deep until i went in to a hole... !!!! I got lots of water on the engine and the inside... up to the stering wheel... i got all the water out of the engine and clean everything up. its running normally now after a ""parkin lot oil change"". The problem is that now all the electrical sistem is going crazy.... i got the airbag ligh flashing, the cruise and the over drive light are flashing also... radio doesnt work. I clean it completle. If you look, u could not tell that there was water in the interior... its just the electrical part that is giving lots of problems... engine is fine but i will do a full oil change to make sure its clean.

If you guys have any ideas how to fix this let me know... i will post some pictures later.....

thanks

THat could be difficult. Pull out all the carpet, and interior....and let al the wiring/electrical dry completely. Hopefully it'll go back to normal. If not, then you'll have to start going through wiring diagrams, and chasing them down to figure out your issues.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, I believe we have a computer under the passenger seat, which if it got wet, would likely cause some electrical issues?

Been there, done that. Let it dry out for a few days and the lights will start going off on their own. Airbag light wont go off, wait untill you KNOW its dry then reset the airbag module with the door switch thingy... I've got all my lights back to normal now.

i dont have any idea on how to do much electrical stuff on it... how do i reset the airbag?? and how do i take the carpet off? now my horn is going off for no reason so i am going to have to disconect the horn or the battery...

thanks

Yeah, with a garden hose out the window for drainage. ;)

To pull the carpet you get to take out all the seats, seat belts, console, doorstep trim, interior panels as needed, etc. If you leave it wet it will never dry out. The plastic backing on the carpet will trap moisture under there for years and rot the floor out in any place that isn't rust-proofed.

I did pulled everything out... there it was lots and lots of water / mud..... i am gonna try to clean the carpet at a car wash with high preassure soap and see what i can do.... i am gonna let it dry for a couple days...

now how do i reset the airbags?

When I was refurbing large volume printers, we would tear the assemblies out of them and pressure wash the frames then drape a plastic tarp over them with a dehumidifier under it to dry out all the electricals. It worked really well, even in a loading dock with the bay door open half the time. You would want to remove the carpet and seats if you could and prolly have to use a hose to drain the catch tank or dump it every few hours, but it'll dry up the electronics and wiring harness in a day or so, especially if it were garaged.