Because I Owe It All To You...

PDCCD

That is one sweet looking R50. How wide are your rims? Are they 8" or 10" wide. Did you have any clearance issues before you lifted it.

I just bought a 96 R50 and I am shopping for rims and tires.

Thanks

:FartExplode-vi:

That is one sweet looking R50. How wide are your rims? Are they 8" or 10" wide. Did you have any clearance issues before you lifted it.

I just bought a 96 R50 and I am shopping for rims and tires.

Thanks

:FartExplode-vi:

Yes, they rubbed a little. I took a heat gun to the tire liner and pushed it in a little. All fixed, but under more compression, they might have rubbed more. Oh, and their 8" with 4" backspacing I think. Now that its lifted though, i love it, works great for me so far. good luck.

Edited by PDCCD

Thanks for the compliments all. Last update is the open 4:3's are gone and LSD 4:6's are in. Black panther is installed, minus some missing rock washers and 4 stripped bolt holes, and RR rock sliders should be here by the end of the week. I'm almost done lol. Oh, and the 68 elite with weather and Wilson 5000 are installed. Almost done...almost done...

How did you manage to get RR sliders for a second gen. R50?

That apparently doesn't work, as they don't fit. Read about it here.

Yep, learn from my mistake. It cost me about $150 in shipping. RR is a pain in the A$$ to deal with if you have any problems. I spent two weeks trying to clarify the issue with the owner via email. He wouldn't answer the phone or even call me to resolve what i believe was a fabrication error. He refused to provide me with the dimensions the sliders were supposed to be at so i could check my pair to verify proper assembly. No instructions or hardware were included with my kit, and they claimed they were going to send them, but they never arrived. So, although i would have liked to say they work, they do not. Proceed at your own risk.

Yep, learn from my mistake. It cost me about $150 in shipping. RR is a pain in the A$$ to deal with if you have any problems. I spent two weeks trying to clarify the issue with the owner via email. He wouldn't answer the phone or even call me to resolve what i believe was a fabrication error. He refused to provide me with the dimensions the sliders were supposed to be at so i could check my pair to verify proper assembly. No instructions or hardware were included with my kit, and they claimed they were going to send them, but they never arrived. So, although i would have liked to say they work, they do not. Proceed at your own risk.

Although it's ridiculous the hardware was not included in your kit, it is clearly stated on the RR website the sliders are for 96-99 applications. Therefore, how could it be a fabrication error on their part?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, nor an I trying to condone pi$$ poor service, and nor are you the first to have a bad experience with them. It seems like the only people who have decent experiences with them are ones who receive their order properly.

At any rate, it's a shame there is no 99.5-04 Pathy owner who's willing to lend them their truck for a few days so they can fab. sliders for us :tired: Then again, I live all the way in VA. and their track record is less than stellar...and I too don't feel like dealing with such sh!tty service.

Edited by navygz19

Although it's ridiculous the hardware was not included in your kit, it is clearly stated on the RR website the sliders are for 96-99 applications. Therefore, how could it be a fabrication error on their part?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, nor an I trying to condone pi$$ poor service, and nor are you the first to have a bad experience with them. It seems like the only people who have decent experiences with them are ones who receive their order properly.

At any rate, it's a shame there is no 99.5-04 Pathy owner who's willing to lend them their truck for a few days so they can fab. sliders for us :tired: Then again, I live all the way in VA. and their track record is less than stellar...and I too don't feel like dealing with such sh!tty service.

Oh, i totally get your point. I am more than willing to take responsibility for deciding to purchase them on advice i gleamed on the net. Not my point at all.

To try to simplify, i ordered sliders for a 99. No argument there. Issue is, i believe the sliders i received wouldn't have fit a 99 either, due to the pinch seem bar being welded on slightly crooked. That bar, as i explained in the other thread was off just slightly. Maybe 1/4", but over the course of the entire run, ended up being off too much to mount. Every thing else was perfect. All Glen needed to do, was email me (since he refused to answer the phone or call me) the dimensions the bars would need to be at. Then, there would be nothing for me to say if the dimensions were indeed right. I would have chalked it up to bad advice, cut the pinch seem bar off and put it on right, issue resolved. Instead, he was more than evasive about the issue. I could highlight the whole 3 week ordeal, but i've wasted enough of my life on it. I believe they would have worked if they were assembled correctly (for a 99), and went out of my way to try to explain this to help him out, think of the extra sales, but he was impossible to communicate with.

Hope this makes sense, i tend to run on, and i suck at writing. I'm sharing my interpretation of the experience only to assist others in making the decision. I found his sales guy Charlie and office manager Carol very helpful, but everything they tried to make right, he undermined over and over.

I'm waiting on 4crawler sliders now, as i should have done in the first place. Try to save a few bucks, and it will cost you more in the end it seems. Best of luck.

So the pinch seam is not as tall on the second gens then on the first ones. Weird. Wonder if RR needs a test QX4 vehicle.. One of my friends I live by has a 2003 R50. I should have him be the test vehicle. Navygz. Which email address did you email? I wanna get on this so they'll start building sliders for you guys.

So the pinch seam is not as tall on the second gens then on the first ones. Weird. Wonder if RR needs a test QX4 vehicle.. One of my friends I live by has a 2003 R50. I should have him be the test vehicle. Navygz. Which email address did you email? I wanna get on this so they'll start building sliders for you guys.

If there is any difference, this might be it. But i'm basing that thought on a general rule of thumb that a 1/4" fastener should have a 1/4" of base material all around to provide proper anchorage. They did not in this case. I emailed the "head engineer" and owner (glen) inquiring about this, but received no direct answer. I also tried to use pics from here of others who had installed successfully, but it wasn't clear from them. So this is only an observation at this point, since i have nothing else to go off.