Alignment

94xe

The Nissan dealership close by is offering an alignment special for 69.95. I have read that they are the only ones who can align it correctly. Is this true? Do you think this is a good deal or should I try somewhere else?

i always align everything myself. its the only way to get an accurate alignment. those laser alignment machines have ****** accuracy.

i paid $100 to have king aligned, so yes, $70 is a deal. do it! :bounce:

home alignments are ok, but not if you don't know how/can't adjust the cast & camber.

The Nissan dealership close by is offering an alignment special for 69.95. I have read that they are the only ones who can align it correctly.

Not necessarily. Some people report Nissan dealerships as unable to align their Pathy at all, for whatever reason.

hell, like i said, i do home alignments for caster and camber too. not a big deal if you know how to do math like a 6th grader.

Remember, 98% of Americans can't....

Not necessarily. Some people report Nissan dealerships as unable to align their Pathy at all, for whatever reason.
The one in Tampa said they wouldn't be able to align mine since it had been lifted and has an aftermarket CL on it... cowards.

hell, like i said, i do home alignments for caster and camber too. not a big deal if you know how to do math like a 6th grader.

Could you explain how you do it are give me a link?

Actually my local dealer said my Pathy wandered and pulled to the right after they aligned it. They told me I needed new ball joints to correct the problem. After spending $1,250.00 on new ball joints, guess what? It wandered all over the road and pulled to the right. After screwing around with it for a week, they actually had to bring in a Nissan master mechanic to train the staff how to align the front end. I still had to pay for the ball joints and it still drove like crap until I had it re-aligned at a local tire dealer. So no, it's definately NOT worth it!

Actually my local dealer said my Pathy wandered and pulled to the right after they aligned it. They told me I needed new ball joints to correct the problem. After spending $1,250.00 on new ball joints, guess what? It wandered all over the road and pulled to the right. After screwing around with it for a week, they actually had to bring in a Nissan master mechanic to train the staff how to align the front end. I still had to pay for the ball joints and it still drove like crap until I had it re-aligned at a local tire dealer. So no, it's definately NOT worth it!

:blink: didn;t they touch yer t-bars? cuz that's part of an alignment too. when all else fails

Poor Slick got robbed. As for driveway alignments, maybe for a trail truck, no way for a daily driver. :rolleyes: I bucked up for the Firestone lifetime alignment a while back, like $129. Been in 4 or 5 times now, no questions, after wheeling or installing new parts (ball joints, uca's, bushings, etc.). Its been straight as an arrow afterward except one time, and I just took it back and they fixed it, no problemo. That figures out to what, around $25/per.