93 Nissan Pathfinder Build

Spolar93

thanks guys. aaron, how is yours looking?

phew, still battling allergies, but got some more work done. long story short, all i have left to do is hook up the brake lines and bleed them (yay for speed bleeders), make some spring plates, and go get some degree shims for castor. ill be picking up a set of 4*, 6*, and 8* and seeing which one will work. im thinking 6* just by eye ball.

IMG_0435.jpg

shock towers welded in. hung like a monkey from one of them, and it didnt budge, so i probably wont gusset the back side, way to much work to get back there and im lazy.

IMG_0436.jpg

pass side looking towards drivers. my set of Bunk draglink/tie rod are perfect. just had to trim an inch off each TRE to make my toe right, didnt have to mess with the draglink ends at all. all 1 ton chevies ends btw

IMG_0437.jpg

passenger side flat top with all the crap on it.

IMG_0438.jpg

driver side looking towards pass. after mocking up the axle yesterday and using the center hole in the spring bad, i decided the drill out the back hole and move the axle forward 1.5" to get the tire out of the firewall.

IMG_0439.jpg

aprox. shackle angle, will be alittle more towards the frame when all the weight is on the springs and i throw my bumper back on.

IMG_0440.jpg

what it should look like. wb is at 106" right now, but after long arming the rear, itll be closer to 108"-109". cool beans!

IMG_0443.jpg

added some horsepower to move these big ass tires. i havent dynoed anything yet, but i think it gained 36hp. i know, awesome.

hope to get this out and driving tomorrow, cross your fingers.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

ugh, finally she drives. that damn spring hanger took a whole day and a couple discs as well as a 5 pack of torch blades. brakes arent as bad as i thought theyd be. chevy mc later down the road probably though. gotta weld the bumper and get it on tomorrow. cant decide whether i want the bumpers and soon to be sliders to be satin black or gloss white like everything else.

enough of my jibba jabba, i know you want pics

Hot laps around the col de sac

IMG_5830.jpg

IMG_5831.jpg

IMG_5832.jpg

IMG_5833.jpg

mild flex

IMG_5842.jpg

IMG_5841.jpg

IMG_5840.jpg

IMG_5839.jpg

IMG_5836.jpg

plenty of room towards firewall, hopefully wont have to mess with that, cause fenders are trimmed all the way.

IMG_5838.jpg

PROBLEMS:

1. turning radius to the left sucks. like barely turned out when at steering lock. draglink issue or steering stop? didnt check either cause i was too excited to get it out and wash it.

2. still gotta long arm it. not to bad, got all crossmember and link material.

3. gotta put the stock sway back on. sways like a mutha around corners.

4. not really a problem, but still gotta bump the front.

enough of this internet @!*% im gonna go drink a few and celebrate!

• 3 weeks later...

got the long arms done for the rear. wb is at 108", moved it about an inch back from stock, nothing binds or rubs so far. lowers are 32"

IMG_0454.jpg

upper crossmember

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0456.jpg

lower mount

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

overall, im very pleased with this build. it was my first major project, and through all the mis matching of parts and custom stuff, i am pleased. a few things i wish i did differently are using a through the frame shackle hanger design to lower it a little more (winter 07 project), as well as use toyota rear leaves, or at least the main (summer 08 project.) ill get flex pictures soon, the rear brake line is taunt from moving the axle back, and im afraid to articulate and burst it.

wish i couldve got the 3 link package from ballistic, that thing looks great! oh well, more future projects. . . . it never ends haha

very nice. great build, at the moment i am still sourcing parts for my radius arm setup (with a 79 HP D44 out of an F150) so just seeing this gives me hope that eventually i will get it done :) :)

love the rig cant wait to see the full flex shots

got bumpers on and painted, just have to mod my tire carrier and hope that the 37" spare doesnt crack it haha. failed emissions cause of my gutted cat, so i gotta pull that and put in a high flow one i just picked up. then ill flex her out and see what happens

well duffy machine is still working on making the 6 bolt adapter to go behind the tx-10. im just gonna run the stock dana 300, clock and twin stick it, so ill have 1:1, 2:1, and 4:1, as well as fwd, rwd, and 4wd. ill have to many options to use hahaha.

ill grab some pictures with the bumpers and tire carrier back on when the weather is nice today

pretty much done. after chris and i calculated out the difference between 4.88 front gears, and 4.65 rear gears, its turned out to be less than 5% which we figured would be fine for off road only. so tuesday ill hack my transmission crossmember, and weld up my square driveshaft. untill then, bumpers are painted, tire carrier is fitted up for the spare, and its breaking in nice. just need to wled up some sliders (2x3x.188) and replace my rear brakeline thats pretty tight.

IMG_0460.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

what do you guys think? seems like people are 50/50 about the white, but i like it. besides whites a good primer for a repaint hahaha. safety orange anyone?

IMG_5831.jpg

PROBLEMS:

1. turning radius to the left sucks. like barely turned out when at steering lock. draglink issue or steering stop? didnt check either cause i was too excited to get it out and wash it.

2. still gotta long arm it. not to bad, got all crossmember and link material.

3. gotta put the stock sway back on. sways like a mutha around corners.

4. not really a problem, but still gotta bump the front.

enough of this internet @!*% im gonna go drink a few and celebrate!

You have got yourself a real off road monster there.

Looks like the old girl is toeing in too much. Correct that and it should turn properly.

How does it feel into corners with the negative caster angles? Are you able to adjust them?

You have got yourself a real off road monster there.

Looks like the old girl is toeing in too much. Correct that and it should turn properly.

How does it feel into corners with the negative caster angles? Are you able to adjust them?

yeah shes doin alright. figured out my draglink was too long, so i shortened it, and no more steering problems. toe was less than 1/16" when i set it, hasnt changed since. i have 3* of positive caster, and when i move the shackle mount up 2" into the frame i should have all the caster ill need! looks like im buying steel for sliders, since the next time after this week ill have access to a welder will be this winter. stupid school!

what do you need? its just a 5'1" piece of 2x4x.125 with the ends cut up. then i used .25" plate to connect it to the frame with 3 bolts per side. welded some triangular gussets from the bumper to the frame, and welded the catch for the latch to the bumper for extra strength with the newly added weight

I'm speechless....

How much cash do u think the lift cost ya, parts and all??

I don't know if im brave enuf to do a lift like that... WOW.

I don't know what to say except, wow, will you be willing to do another one!?? :lol:

great work!