Need Some Advice

barthel

I need some advice and as usual am turning to the pro's.

I got my lights and are starting the mounting/wiring phase. I know how I'm going to mount them, where, switching, etc. What I haven't decided yet is how I'm going to route the wires from the roof lights into the cab.

I've searched all the posts and there seems to be as many ideas out there as there are members. So, I guess I'm asking "what works for you"?

I have a safari basket and am mounting 4 lights on it. Not sure if I should drill net to the rack mounts or take it to the back and try to go through the rear hatch penetration. Which is going to be cleanest?

Thanks All!

Bart

:deadhorse:

I dont like drilling holes does the rack happen to mount where the 4x4 logo's are on the side? if so i would figure a way to route through the rack and in that way...

if not I would pull power from somewhere near the rear of the vehicle to put my relay in so they'res only signal wires running all the way up front and not the powered lines

if u have a factory roof rack you could possibly remove it and drill under it somewhere to put a grommet to make sure it seals good and put the rack back over it...got any pix of the set up to give better illustration?

I'll take some tonight and post them.

The original rack that was on there was an after market rack (I guess). When I put the safari basket on, I bought roof rails and drilled the rails so that they mounted on the holes of the old rack.

It's nowhere near the 4X4 emplems on the side. Obviously I'm trying to avoid having wires laid across the roof.

I'm trying to avoid having wires laid across the roof.

go wireless :laugh:

backdoor is looking like the way to go then...but let us see the pix and go from there...i've yet to run wires for the lights for the new light bar...but i did run some to the rear bumpers which i need to rewire and pull the power from the rear b/c im really worried about a + line chaffing and causing a fire

if it were me they'd run down the track and in the back door...or get the oem light bar that connects where the 4x4 logos are and run the wires in there...thats what im going to do with my lights after i get them (after i figure out y shes giving me troubles) but thats b/c i hate drilling holes...you could possibly drill through the oem rack and remove the headliner before hand from the inside and drill a hole that you can fit a grommet through or maybe right in front of the rack drill through the roof and put a grommet...