Electrical Problem

Ok, so my problem started when I came home once, the pathy all of a sudden didn't want to start, like the battery was completely dead. Turned the ignition off, then on again and started with out hesitations. Then after a day it didn't want to crank. I got her jumped and she turned on, then while taking the jumper cables off, the pathy died. Jumped her again and went to run her for a few minutes so she can charge up, got back home and turned the ignition off, and on again and no start, so the battery was not even charged and was drained. Took off the alty to get it tested, was good. Starter was just replaced in february, but starts when jumped so it's not the starter. Battery is good. Cables are clean, terminals are ok, there's spark in the distributor. I got it jumped again and no start what so ever, but pos lead was kind of hot. When I was trying to make her start i heard the fuel pump relay making a buzzing noise, then i got inside the cabin area and could hear like some sort of short coming from the cargo area, which makes me think is the fuel pump. What else can I look for beside the fuel pump, too bad i don't have a voltmeter to check all the wiring, but I can't think of anything else that's draining my battery.

test lights are cheap alternatives if you cant justify a voltmeter, they'll at least tell you something is hot when it shouldn't be. Make sure your battery is good, because if it's been run down to nothing a few times sometimes they won't hold/take a charge.

how sure are u that the battery is good...if u have a dead cell it will jump start with no issue (after cranking u can live off of just the alt)...i have had batteries that were brand new off the shelf and 2 weeks later (mainly after a weather change from cold to hot) the bastard quit working...my roommate went thru 2 batteries like that and the 3rd has been in there for almost 3 years now and no issues...

i guess im saying just cuze its new doesnt mean its not bad... also a bad spot on the starter solenoid?

but im gonna go with bad battery...

Edited by unccpathfinder

Well, I also switched batteries, my friend let me borrow his, hooked it up and it was fine at first and was a little hesitant to turn on, then she did and now it's not turning on what so ever. Not even a click coming from the ignition.

I had a faulty ignition switch on my Maxima. It would start when you jumped it, but would act like you're describing the rest of the time.

It took me less than 30 minutes to do and never had a problem since.

After I took it out, there was grease blocking the connection.