Starters Are A Pain

CRASS PUNK

ok heres my day today

i wake up huh think il get taht oil change iv been putting off for a week or 2

drive to walmart cause i gotta get diapers though i would jus get my oil changed there

i get in line and they take all my info

im next in line and they try to start me rig to no avail it dosnt

(not a big deal iv had the problem for 3 weeks. i had a new one but the guy that got it for me got the wrong one so i was putting it off tell i would get a good deal on it)

so i hit it with my trusty stick and hammer ........... :deadhorse: no go

they asked me to push it outta the way no prob when you got like 5 guys

i beat on her some more no go still

kinda pissed not (its been like an hour)

so i go online and order one for pick-up

i ordered it to the wrong store :togo:

so i go online and try to cancle nope i gotta go to the store that it was sent to really needing the starter i order one to the store thats just up the way

i get it and am off to put it in ( in the walmart parking lot)

spent most of the day trying to get the old one to fit out

rest of the day trying to put the new one in

i got it in got it started got the oil change like 5 hours gone oh what fun

sorry i had to rant i just needed to get it out

on a good note the guys at the shop were really helpful let me use a drain pan to take my oil filter off

any other tales of crazy "road side repair"??? :thumbsdown:

ooh, hate when that happens..... but glad you got 'er all fixed n runnin again. i think your pathy was trying to tell you not to get her oil changed at wal mart......... when it was time to go in, she refused. let that be your sign :aok:

My starter last went out immediatly following an oil change. Unfortunately I was the mechanic. Picked up on NPORA to cover starter with oil rag before changing filter. So far I have two years on this starter with no problems!

Don't let anyone change your filter without covering the starter somehow.

yeah I always stuff a rag or wads of paper towels under the oil filter when I change my oil otherwise some spills out covering whatever is below the filter....which is of course, the starter.

One NISSAN mechanic insisted my rear seal was going bad because there was oil on the backside of the oil pan. He didn't believe me when I said "I just changed my oil....thats where it ran down from changing the filter." He was just trying to sucker me for repairs I didnt need when I was only there to have the backup light switch replaced.

yeah I always stuff a rag or wads of paper towels under the oil filter when I change my oil otherwise some spills out covering whatever is below the filter....which is of course, the starter.

One NISSAN mechanic insisted my rear seal was going bad because there was oil on the backside of the oil pan. He didn't believe me when I said "I just changed my oil....thats where it ran down from changing the filter." He was just trying to sucker me for repairs I didnt need when I was only there to have the backup light switch replaced.

P... hate when they do that sh!t...... i love it when i go anywhere to buy parts and they treat me like i'm stupid (typical "oh looks! it's a woman! she must be stupid"). til i give THEM a little edgeemeecation on pathys..... then they shut up. :stickwack:

No doubt! hey can you come over and fix my air conditioning system???? :)

Mines gotta be completely sucked dry and then recharged and see where the problem lays.....and summer heat is fast approaching here in SC.

-Chris :crossedwires:

any other tales of crazy "road side repair"??? thumbsdown_anim.gif

not really any crazy 1's for the pathy besides the positive cable rubbing thru and melting my battery and tie wrapping/taping it up...

the craziest road side repair that i think i've done is changing out a rear end in my buddies z71 in the uncc parking lot...it sat on jackstands for 2 months B4 he got the money to get the locker and we could install it...they didnt mind it too much which surprised me...

i also helped a guy change a clutch in a pathy in an apartment complex parking lot with the bare minimum tools here B4 having to do mine (i thought he was doing a lift b/c the t-bars were laying on the ground...but some pizza and cold beers and 6 hrs later we got it all back together and i got the experience i needed to feel comfortable doing mine

i roll up under it and pop the 2 bolts out and drop the front skid plate...then grab a hold to it from the front side and from the bottom...and rotate right then back left then back right and take loose the connectors then drop it over the CL...the rotations are while im pulling it forward and it comes out without too much trouble...getting it in is a lil harder but not a huge deal if u pay attention to exactly how it came out